SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The Bay of the Holy Spirit.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Josef83

Sweden

The Bay of the Holy Spirit.

I saw there is a new revival going on.

There have been plenty false onces recently.
this is kinda hard to discern.
its not like florida where people where shaking and rolling heads and all kinds of strange things.
The Bay of the Holy Spirit.
search it at youtube.
I can see this impartation things which make me pay attention abit.

is this a true revival or another test from God?

2010/9/15 10:30Profile
learn

Re: The Bay of the Holy Spirit.

Not sure. But there was some discussion on this (the thread I think was called Alabama....)??? and to those in discussion it seems like its not real? Too much concentration on healing? Anyway, I cannot find the thread now. Maybe someone will be able to direct you to the thread.

2010/9/22 20:46Profile

Re:

It is happening in Mobile, Alabama.

Not sure yet if it is a repeat of IHOP/Bentley type of shenanigans.

2010/11/23 12:32
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
There have been plenty false onces recently.
this is kinda hard to discern.
its not like florida where people where shaking and rolling heads and all kinds of strange things.

It is 100% the same and tied in with the lakeland, toronto, brownsville and extrememe prophetic movements. It is not revival and I would exhort believers not to see such things.

2010/11/23 12:46Profile

Re:

Thanks for the confirmation. And you are right, there is no reason to see such nonsense.

You can always turn on a religious channel or check it out on YouTube if you really want to see it.

2010/11/23 12:52
Madefree

Alabama

Re:

Yeah, I heard about it. All it is, is Brownsville all over again. It's happening in the Civic Center. I live in Mobile and heard about it after it had been going on for months. Some "revival" I cannot tell you how many murders, shootings, and other crimes have been committed in that area. If that's revival, then we're all doomed.

"Revival changes the moral climate in the community." - A. W. Tozer

2010/11/23 13:05Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Bay what?

Thank you Greg:) I am so glad that you took this stand. I watch a portion of this on godTv and just had to turn it off. I had such sorrow in my heart as I watched about ten minutes of it.

I didn't want to judge it and say to others not to watch it because I believe that if someone has to question it this is truely a move of the spirit, they should go to there prayer closet and ask to God.

2010/12/9 0:25Profile
InLove

Re:

Quote:
It is 100% the same and tied in with the lakeland, toronto, brownsville and extrememe prophetic movements. It is not revival and I would exhort believers not to see such things.

First I would like to start by saying that it is good to be concerned and careful about not being deceived.
I prayed about this revival and if I should go to it, watch it, or even support it. It for sure wasn't what I was expecting.
I am going to cut my story a little short, but without leaving out what God dealt with me about it, and I hope He gives you some insight about it.
I ended up going with a open but guarded heart. When I was there they start with singing and worship, ect.. I really enjoyed this because so many people from where ever and whatever denomination was there truly worshiping God and wanting to glorify His name. At least all the people I talked to. When Nathan and John came out and spoke I was let down. Again all about healing and things to happen but no Christ and sin, things to change. No real direction at all. I was devastated when I left that place. I spent the night in Alabama and didn't even go the next day just drove 9 hours back to where I live. As I was driving God started to reveal to me several things. I will tell you the ones that deal with this revival.
He made me understand that even though this movement was wrong by the essence of what was being taught He showed me that He was actually healing people, not because of the speaker but really in spite of that. The people who was gather across the world in His name just to glorify Him. I believe the ones that are being healed are not the ones going to be healed but the ones seeking God's face and His glory. Because of their faith they are healed not the preachers. God showed me huge revivals are going to happen at the end of days and man is not going to lead them the Holy Spirit is.
So with all this I decided that the teaching is wrong but the Spirit is right. Which is still a dangerous thing and can mislead people. None of us are right. We concentrate to much in one area or another. Ex. Healing, speaking in tongues, once saved always saved. The list goes on. Christ is the focal point, nothing else. God will meet us where ever we are and however we are wrong if we just seek Him to glorify Him.
I just wanted to add this because there is good in it because God is there.

Blessings to all,
Joe

2010/12/14 21:07Profile
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

Joe,

I think that is a good word on the subject.

"For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him." The Heavenly Father will meet anyone anywhere who comes to Him in faith, even if they wander into a dangerous place in their search for Him. He isn't going to say, "Nope, I won't hear you - you're in the wrong church!"

There are Roman Catholics who find their way to Christ through a maze of priestcraft.

The Cane Ridge Revival was a wildfire revival with exactly the same kind of lunatic behavior that you see at a Pensacola meeting, but there are also powerful conversion testimonies from people like James Finley, who went on to become a great Methodist Circuit Rider.

Paul's handkerchiefs and aprons didn't have any magical healing power, but people were healed because just touching something that belonged to Paul kindled their faith. Maybe the theatrics at the BoHS meetings similarly stimulate faith. That's my theory anyway. That theory may be off the mark, but there must be some explanation for why people sometimes meet God in some strange places.

That Delia Knox lady was in a wheelchair for 18 years and was healed. It may be the only documented healing ever to come out of that movement. In accordance with forum guidelines, I won't post the link, but you can see it on YouTube.

2010/12/14 21:52Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
God will meet us where ever we are and however we are wrong if we just seek Him to glorify Him.
I just wanted to add this because there is good in it because God is there.

Blessings to all,
Joe

...because He is merciful He is there.

This is true, the Holy Spirit will show up in meetings like this, NOT because He endorses a particular ministry or denomination or a teaching, or a person, but because He is very merciful. I absolutely know this to be the truth.

Q: is a person *any more saved* or beloved of the Lord when he/she learns doctrine after salvation, then when they first believed and did not know any?

So what is more important here, doctrinal stance, or faith made alive that leads to salvation and the baptism of the Holy Ghost?

Nobody can tell me that the Holy Ghost cannot or will not show up in these places, or a legalistic church for that matter, because He does so for no other reason then that He is very merciful.

The ingathering will happen soon enough, when the Lord breaks the back of the enemy, and removes the blocks of ice off of His bride so she can move (this day is surely coming). The day is even before us when Jesus Christ will destroy the works of the devil, and the evil which he perpetrated upon the church, and oh what a glorious day that will be! Men and women of God shall rise up full power and of the Holy Ghost, and bind the strongman and spoil his goods (which he took by theft), and the ground shall shake before them. There will be one body, one faith, one Lord, one baptism. Good bye denominational, fractured, splintered, powerless false christianity and false churches, your days are numbered.

Our Lord Jesus Christ will deal with the tares and what they did, and what they perpetrated upon the church soon enough; He has said this. There is a great shaking that is coming, the day of vengeance, the day of the Lord, a great and a very terrible day.

2010/12/15 0:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy