SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow :  Is Interracial dating/marriage a Sin ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Is Interracial dating/marriage a Sin ?

Let's say there is this Christian Asian guy and he has a Caucasian Christian girlfriend. They are not having pre-marital sex or anything against God.

Is that Sin ?
My friend has a White gf so I was asking this. A Lutheran friend told him that it was a sin.
I believe he is jealous of my friend because he has no gf. hahaha

2010/9/14 4:18
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re: Is Interracial dating/marriage a Sin ?

I don't suppose he backed this up with scripture? Don't think so.

There are only two "kinds" of human - those dead in sin and those dead to sin, and they should not marry as it would be unequal yoke:

2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

2010/9/14 4:45Profile

There is a question about whether dating - knowing one does not intend to marry the other person - 'is sin', but it has nothing to do with the colours of those dating.

Paul Washer, one of the preachers featured here on SI, has several sermons on this matter. He himself is white, married to someone who is not white.

There are many examples in scripture of intermarriage between people of different colours of skin. Jewishness did not distinguish against colour of skin. There were Jews of all colours. I think this speaks for itself.

Numbers 12:1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman. {Ethiopian: or, Cushite}

King David is identified as the opposite (colour of the Ethopian) 1 Samuel 16:12 And he sent, and brought him [David] in. Now he [was] ruddy, [and] withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this [is] he.'

{of a...: Heb. fair of eyes} So, David had a rosy complexion and blue eyes?

1 Samuel 17:42 And when the Philistine looked about, and saw David, he disdained him: for he was [but] a youth, and ruddy, and of a fair countenance.'

David had several wives, probably all of whom were not as 'fair' as himself, since he was remarkably fair.

After David had taken Bathsheba, and God was speaking to him about it, God told David that if he'd wanted another wife, he only needed to ask God for her. This implies God's approval of all his previous wives, and that David had taken them with God's approval.

2010/9/14 4:48
enid

Nottingham, England

Since it is, according to scripture, that we are all descendants of Adam and Eve, we are all related anyhow.

As has been pointed out, it is Christians marrying none Christians that go against scripture.

I'm black, and my sister's husband is white. So what?

Man makes an issue out of something that God doesn't.

Also, where does the bible mention dating? Does anyone care whether it does or not, or do we just do our own thing and expect God to bless our rebellion?

Food for thought.

2010/9/14 5:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Quote:

You cannot find any scripture that addresses this issue except for the time when Moses married this Ethiopian woman and his family spoke against it...you know the rest of the story.

The answer is "no".

FYI, our son married a lady who is half Mexican, half white. Their two sons look more like Mexicans then their mother. They are as cute, sweet as can be! I call them my little Mexicans! :-)

ginnyrose

2010/9/14 5:39Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Man makes an issue out of something that God doesn't.

You are right on, just as usual.

This point has far-reaching implications.

The worse thing a Christian can do is marry a non-Christian, regardless of what color they are - be they the same as you or something different. This is the issue, not skin color.

ginnyrose

2010/9/14 5:45Profile

Re:

It always amazes me when an organization like the KKK holds up the Bible and claims that the Bible is where they get their wicked beliefs from. Should be quite obvious to all that not one member of the KKK has ever even read the Bible, but there they are.

Look at Jesus own lineage. By the time the generations had passed by on down to Him He was not even 100% Jewish. He was certainly Jewish by faith, but by blood? Not 100%.

I think many times God leads and teaches by example.

2010/9/14 5:53
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

EDIT: removed by poster

2010/9/14 6:40Profile

This is "troll bait" and nothing more.

this is a 'straw dog' question thrown out there, to stir up dissent, and do the work of the devil.

how do i know this, the pattern is abundantly clear, a person, in their FIRST post asks such a question, and then in their quote line below, has the foolishness to play games with God, and to advertise "world wide shopping mall", "body perfect" and "zotrim slimming pills".

you may think this is funny, you may think this is all a game, but you are a child of the devil, doing the bidding of your master, in trying to make crooked the Straight Path of the Lord, my prayer is that God the Holy Spirit
wake you up before its too late.

in the meantime, i urge and will PM the moderators to ban you, for you are not in earnest with your question and bear all the hallmarks of anti-Christ evil urges. May God have mercy on your soul, and turn your heart to Jesus.

2010/9/14 10:54

Re:

Good eye. I did not even see that.

2010/9/14 11:36

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy