SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "The Every Winds Of Doctrine" (That Blow)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

"The Every Winds Of Doctrine" (That Blow)

The title of the message is a well known passage to most people taken from (the book of Ephesians) written and penned by the hands of the apostle Paul some 2000 years ago (approxiamately). Most Christians and mature believers as such are familiar with the text and are (in fact) no strangers to the text and the implications thereof. In fact to one varying degree or another we have all been impacted and/or influenced - at times by the EVERY WINDS OF DOCTRINE...

The apostle Paul refers to these doctrines as (WINDS)...

THEY ARE WINDS THAT (BLOW)...Much like the winds that blow upon the earth being either a south wind or a north wind or a combination of both ( the Bible talks about the four winds of the earth - in the book of revelation )

But be that as it may: brethren: I want to launch an oddessy or article (if you will) on the subject matter of(THE WINDS THAT BLOW) THE WINDS THAT (DO) BLOW...

Now I cant speak for anyone else in here today, not knowing your personal state of affairs as such, however i know i can speak personally for myself, and about my own situations and circumstances! and communicate to you, and convey to you the reader, that i have been affected by the winds of doctrine (OUT THERE) at sundry times...

The fact is: and the facts remain: No one is immune to deception! ( If any man thinketh himself to stand - let him take heed lest he fall )and very few in the early parts of there journey and oddessy (with God) would be so bold as to say they werent at one time (or) another affected by the winds of doctine out there in yonder christendom. (I say this not as any attack - but by way of obsevation)

Let me further explain: It's not always the wacky off beat self proclaimed prophets dressed in sackcloth donning a long greyish beard ... waving long pointy fingers in your face with a "thus saith the Lord" message - to be on the look out - and or on (gaurd against) Nor is it some strange authoritarian "cult figure" who controls who and what goes on, and who and what goes (in and out).

SOMETIMES - SOMETIMES: Its on your doorstep and under your very nose, and in your own garden and backyard (so-to-speak)

The apostle Peter cautioned: that in the latter times false teachers would privily bring in damnable heresies...even denying the Lord the bought them. 2 peter 2:1

The apostle Paul said in the book of Acts said that men would arise from our (OWN) midst SPEAKING PERVERSE THINGS...

Furthemore paul declared to the Corinthian church that he himself found himself (amongst false brethren) 2Cor 11:26

In fact lets take this thought one step further shall we: by reciting an incident from the book of Acts whereby a big dispute erupted amidst the church that was based in antioch and which broke forth amongst the brethren. It says (certain men came down) from Judea and taught the brethren ... saying (insisting) that unless you be circumcised after the manner of Moses " ye cannot be saved " in fact this question arose and led to much disputation and dissension ( and paul and barbabus had no SMALL disputation with them - over this question ) what happened next and ensued ... was they insisted the question be further examined by the the church and of the apostles at Jerusalem.

By the way: this issue was eventually resolved but not before much wrangle and dissension within the ranks !!

But the thing that ties in with what im discussing today is how these certain men came - they came down) and taught the brethren (and bringing WITH THEM there own winds of doctrine) which were not applicable in a new testament context or N.T setting. This was subversion thing and a grevious thing which led Peter to REPROVING, REBUKING, AND EXHORTING! for trying to put a yoke upon the disciples necks to hard to bear! why tempt ye God (Peter exhorts) - to put a burden upon us that neither us nor our fathers were able (even) to bear??

Incidently here: Luke the assumed author of the book of acts records that the ( certain men ) in question here were men that had arisen (from the sect of the pharisees)...

So i said all that to say this: the winds of doctrine paul alludes to in the book of ephesians can (be without) THE CHURCH and they can be within (within the church)

Someone was once quoted as saying: "the devil doesnt fight so much without the church - as he does within the church"

Not that we should be suspicious or (over suspicious) of everything and of anything! or give way to them involved in callusion or conspiracy theroies. As such! but however, however, you would be a very naieve individaul indeed not to think that as the serpent beguiled eve in the garden ... so your minds "could" be corrupted from the simplicity that is found in Christ!!! ( contained in Christ )

And again: Paul went on the offensive at Galatia declaring to the galation Christians that they had given place to bewitchery in not obeying the truth. O' foolish galations who hath bewiched you ?? Or who has put you (so under) there mesmerization powers - that you have fallen from the grace of God (in the which you NOW stand) - and by the which (ye are also saved) Not by works of righteousness we have DONE! BUT ACCORDING TO HIS MERCY HE SAVES US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

works for salvation ( works for your salvation ) is still around - it just hides and masqueraedes itself under different labels and many subtle forms...often going undetected and unexposed! Do you have works? why not? or do you have the understanding you can not earn or pay back God for (his) salvation! otherwise grace is no more grace, but if it be of grace - it is no more of works! Paul said Israel in effect "missed God" why? becausethey sought (it) by works as it were, and not by FAITH (HMMM) ...but shouldn't i be doing something for God? the jews said in Johns gospel " what must we do...that we might work the works of God" ?? the reply they got was fascinating to say the least " here is the work of God that you believe and recieve him that the father has sent ...its almost as if they were saying no (no) that is not true ...we must work the works of God to be accepted of him ....surely?

Paul says in essence to the galation people: It'a valid question and concern i put to you?? how are you saved and how is the promised inheritance recieved? so works salvation is still alive and well in the earth. Sometimes, sometimes mercy supercedes sacrifice! but go ye and learn what this meaneth he told the Jews...for i will have mercy and not sacrifice. Sacrifice tends to boast of its works and boasting is excluded under the plan of savation -- according to the book of Romans!!!!!

But moving on with those winds of doctrine that do blow:

Jude on a similiar vein: says: that certain men crept in and sought to turn the grace of God into lasciviousness...

( if it isnt grace back into works, its grace into license )

But it only takes a little leaven, to leaven up the flesh and the works of the flesh! and that is the danger of so-called light entertainments being introduced into the church of today!!

We can become so contemporay that the lines between the church and the worlds assortments become a bit blurred, as it were. (definitely one to watch out for )

Paul again told them at Corinth that they suffered fools gladly in there midst! and that satans ministers are transformed into the mininters of rigteousness, whose end shall be according to there works!

Now I want to move quickly onto some other things and regarding this thing of (winds of doctrine) beit they being numerable and numerous - in number (per-say)!

The author of the book of Hebrews (the assumed Paul) puts it this way, and in this manner saying " Be not led OR CARRIED about with DIVERS and STRANGE doctrines" he goes on to say "let rather the HEART be established with GRACE"

GREAT ADVICE AND VERY SOUND ADVICE...BY THE WRITER!!

( But Lets put this in context: what are some of the winds of doctrine that blow ) EVEN into mainstream???

** Jesus died as a (sinner) on the cross (became one)
** Jesus died spiritually on the cross (literally)
** The alleged (Big War in hell) between Jesus and Satan that occured between the cross and the throne (boom,boom)
** The "ye are gods" doctrine (in the world)
** God wants you to be rich (doctrine) ... Give to get!!
** All manner of consumer, market driven and seeker sensitive (in lieu of) church faciltated growth schemes and religious rackets.
** The doctrine of (NO LAW) whatsoever in the new testament
(even though paul said emphatically in Romans do we make void or abolish the law? with the reply coming in very swiftly by the apostle...NEVER...NO WAY ...GOD FORBID!
** The docrtine of "God does it all" (no acccount ability)
** the doctrine of the (2) natures of the believer
** the doctrine of the pre-tribulation rapture of believers
** The doctrines of super submission, shepherding errors, and over-the-top authoritarian-ism...

AND ADD TO THE FRAY AND THE MIX: THE FOLLOWING:

The hazards of harsh legalism, unconditional answers to prayer, faith formulas, subtle and not so subtle hints of mystiscism, the liberalization of the church in some quarters,, the compounding errors of slain-in-the-spirit and falling over in church, a brand of trial-less christianity! ecetera, ecetera ... and there you have a cocktail a lethal cocktail IN FACT and cup filling up (even as we speak) OF EVERY WIND-OF-DOCTRINE! Again i would remind the reader today the apostle paul warned and exhorted from the book of ephesians that there would be (winds of doctrine -- that would blow)!!

THEY (CAN) BLOW THROUGH CHURCHES
THEY (CAN) BLOW THROUGH MINISTERS
They can blow through preachers
They can blow with movements...
THEY (DEFINITELY) CAN BLOW THROUGH FALSE BRETHREN
THEY (DEFINITELY) CAN BLOW THROUGH FALSE TEACHERS

The Book of timothy said there was a time coming in the latter stages that even enduring sound doctrine FOR some would be difficult and hard ... They would turn away having ears seeking only a message that (validated and positively affirmed the believer) - mollie coddleD

Some preachers use this word of (mollie-coddle): I do

Today we have already faced the problems and difficulties of what some have termed " EASY BELIEVISM "

Some have refered to this as a "christless pentecost" still others including myself have re-labeled though it a "cross-less pentecost"!!

But whichever way you phrase it or (word it) you still end up with the same outcome of (easy believism)! a christianity that for all intents and purposes has not "counted the cost of full discipleship" and of bearing the cross of Jesus - and of following him (daily)

I was once quoted as saying: "a false prophet is known not for telling the people what they need to hear ... but for... what they want - to hear"

Hence the prophets of the old-testament were often stoned and some even sawn asunder ....still other locked away and incarcerated for speaking the truth and telling things the way - it really was (ITS CALLED STRAIGHT SHOOTING)

The apostle in Acts said he had delivered himself from the blood of all men, because, EVEN BECAUSE, he did not SHUN TO DECLARE THE WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD. His was a full gospel, the uncompromised word of truth, his was the emancipation proclamation of the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! (Amen) the pure - undiluted - uncompromised truth

Church history reveals that the fathers and founding fathers of the new testament church (after the early apostles had all deceaesed) were often confronted and dealt with winds of doctrine that arose - and reared there heads.

It is something in one sense to expected and neither at anytime thought anything unusual (as such)

Paul himself said at corinth that he heard there is divisions among you? even as there (shall) be also heresies among you...so that they who are approved of God might be known among you! mmmm...

( WHAT IS OUR DEFENCE THEN - AND OUR SHIELD ) ???

1. BECOME IMMERSED IN THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST AS OPPOSED TO MEN AND MAN'S DOCTRINES
2. KNOW THE SCRIPTURES ( Jesus told the scribes and saduccess they did ERR, because they knew not the scriptures, nor the power of God
3. Dont seek signs! seek the giver of the signs ( Jesus said it was an evil and adulterous generation that seeks after signs )
4. BECOME BALANCED! become established in his grace, rather than seeking after experiernces in God - and quick fixes! seek to become A well adjusted AND sound thinking, mind renewed christian and believer.
5. stay with simplicity! the simplicity that is found in the person of Jesus Christ and seek to grow up (in him) in all things.
6. Be led by the Spirit (his holy spirit) and not with the divers and sundry doctrines out there - THAT DO BLOW!
7. God is not the author of confusion ( its like ive always said and learned over the years - the devil never comes sounding a trumpet before him ... saying im coming to decieve you and to confuse you. A decieving seducing spirit will not announce his intentions! God however never confuses the issues ... rather he joins all the dots, seals the hearts, and fills all the gaps! Liars and decievers contrarywise ...when they see the wolf coming (flee) for the sheep are (NOT) his own....he is an hireling, therefore he will take off and not return to the sheep he once said were his own. mmm.

Thank you,
And God Bless all ... in Christ Jesus, And in God the father

(God keep your minds and hearts in Christ Jesus) Amen!

THE GRACE OF GOD BE WITH YOUR SPIRIT...

S.O.T ( IN HIS GRACE )

2010/9/11 21:33Profile
davidc

France

Re: "The Every Winds Of Doctrine" (That Blow)

Dear S O T

And what if the Holy Spirit should find a way to blow into your heart and show you, as He has shown millions of christians before that the pre tribulation rapture of the saints is the part of our inheritance in Christ, and should not be despised.

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thess 4:13-18 (KJV)

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 1 Thess 5:9-10 (KJV)

The Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 2 Thess 3:5 (KJV)

2010/9/13 18:10Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy