SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Lets Stop Fighting

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

Lets Stop Fighting

How senseless it is, then, for us to fight on earth when we shall feast together in Heaven. William Gurnell.

Beloved, Let us love one another,for love is of God; for every one who loves is born of God and knows God. (And KNOWS GOD!) 1 John 4:7

Lets practice being in Heaven and love one another for this is who our God is. When we are taken up loving at that moment and not fighting will be such a joy to our Lord.

What would Jesus do? In any situation, we should ask this.

Help us to love as You love Lord, help us to see others with Your heart and Your eyes Lord. Let us see You Jesus standing in front of every brother and sister Lord. We can only do this with choosing love and with Your help. All glory to You Lord God. Amen

2010/9/7 11:30Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Lets Stop Fighting

AMEN from this corner !!

2010/9/7 11:38Profile

Re:

I agree with the premise of this, of course. Who wouldn't?

However, when we ask the cliche question of "What would Jesus do?" we often times forget that sometimes the answer to that question is: turn over tables, make a whip and use it to whip people, and call people names like "white washed tombs" and "venomous vipers", and chase people out.

We do not shower our children with affection all the time. Sometimes we have to spank them. The Bible declares that we hate them if we don't.

2010/9/7 12:10
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Very true Dear Brother,

But what I think it means here is the fighting, the backbiting, the unforgiveness, the taking of offense etc. among the brethren. 1 Cor. 13.

There is so much the Lord says on loving one another, it must mean a great deal to Him.

God corrects us in love, because He loves us. He even tells us how and when to correct others. Take the log out of thine own eye first etc. To correct with a pure heart and in love. Usually He will show us an error in another so that we may show mercy and love and to pray.

He tells us what the fruit of the Spirit is in us when we have God's love in us. Galatians five:22

The baptism of LOVE will turn the Church of Jesus Christ back in business. Leonard Ravenhill.

This is a tough one to hear. Ravenhill says we are not a Christian if we hold a grudge we are a blackslider

http://media.sermonindex.net/0/SID0478.mp3

How long has God loved you? He's loved you since He has existed—because God is love. It is his very nature. He loved you as a sinner. He loved you in the womb. He loved you before the world began. There was no beginning to his love for you—and there is no end to it. (John 13:1) David Wilkerson

I don't have all the answers but if I go with God and His Word I cant go wrong. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

And the exciting thing is that I get to spend Eternity with Jesus and all those who are His. That is something to shout about! Thank You Jesus and Glory to God.

Help us Lord to love as You love. Amen

2010/9/7 12:38Profile

Re:

As I said, I agree with the premise of what you posted. We are on the same page. I was elaborating on it some. :-)

2010/9/7 12:47
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Amen Brother!

2010/9/7 13:27Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

The reason I post so much about love is that the Lord has been working in my heart for the several years. I had good reason to be angry and bitter over the years but the Lord wanted to set me free. And He has been opening my eyes and heart to love and forgiveness. I have to thank Him with my whole heart because He brought me to be able to literally pray for those, to forgive, to actually give in love and leave the results to Him.

I have not totally arrived in this area but it is a miracle that only God can do in my heart. He continues to show me of His unconditional love for us. Anyway, I just wanted to share this. God has forgiven me so much and says I must likewise forgive. It in no way means I am to do anything but hate with fever everything that is evil and evil doing. I do with a passion but it is amazing how much Jesus talks of loving in the Bible and it is backed up with how much we have been forgiven and are loved by Him. Glory to God.

2010/9/10 9:39Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Lets Stop Fighting

Good word Sheri.

2010/9/10 10:13Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy