SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : No really I'm "good"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

No really I'm "good"

This thought has been going through my mind and I believe that I have been coming to a place of deeper understand of God. Some of you may have read my testimony in the past and I know that from that experience I have been put in my place.

Paul exclaims to the Romans in Chapter 7:18 "For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not." (NASB)

I believe that on October 17th, 2009 I saw but only a very small glimpse of God's glory or atleast divinely brought to understand it much clearer. I am nothing, Christ is EVERYTHING. God is Holy and I am Unholy, God is Pure I am defiled. And it is only by Christ Jesus that I am saved through Faith which is a gift from God.

Something that Jonathan Edwards said in his sermon God Glorified in Man's Dependence was this "However great and glorious the creature apprehends God to be, yet if he be not sensible of the difference between God and him, so as to see that God's glory is great, compared with his own, he will not be disposed to give God the glory due to His name."

I pondered this thought a great while since I knew exactly what Brother Edwards was talking about, God is infinitely great and powerful, I knew this from reading but never from experience or comparison to myself. After October 17th the Lord has left me in a pretty humble place. I have been praying and seeking salvation and found that Christ is the only answer. I did find that all of the great preachers that I have listen to or read do one thing in common and that is to draw to reader or listener to the greatness of God Almighty and then have those individuals look in the mirror of the Almighty.

Jesus is the Light but if I am too busy with my opinion or how to recieve the full blessing or how to be finacially stable, or how to be a better me, then I am taking the focus off of God and placing it on me. Best way to refute pride of any kind is look to and at Jesus Christ all pride if done sincerely will melt away. This is what the Pharisees hated about Jesus the most that all of their flaws were exposed, that Light still has the same effect on us today. Will we embrace that Light?

My next adventure in the Lord is to understand His Grace and Acceptance to the Chief of Sinners(me).

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/9/7 7:20Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: No really I'm "good"

I think we should all say, along with Job, 'behold, I am vile', Job 40v3.

With the realisation of who God was, and of His greatness, Job declared, 'Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes', Job 42v6.

The difference between God and man? The difference?

The difference is, we are vile.

And it shouldn't hurt to say so.

2010/9/7 7:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy