SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Out of the Abundance of the Heart, the Mouth Speaks ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

Out of the Abundance of the Heart, the Mouth Speaks ...

i heard this scripture ....

Luke.6
[45] A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

... on a Christian program last night and it just really, really hit me ... "What comes out of my mouth certainly does define me" ... Your utterances define you as well ... It made me reflect on what i tend to talk about, where my passion lies, and why? ... It made me further search for these words of Jesus ...

Matt.15
[10] And He called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
[11] Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
[16] And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
[17] Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
[18] But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
[19] For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
[20] These are the things which defile a man:

Then the Holy Spirit reminded me of this scripture, in light of these polarizing, and trying times in which we're now living ...

Phil.4
[4] Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
[5] Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
[6] Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
[7] And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
[8] Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
[9] Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you ...

i thank God for the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, the gentle Dove of peace and love, whom i can always rely on to re-center me in Christ the Rock of our salvation ... His constant renewing of the spirit of our minds, via our study of the Word of God, is the only way of making 100% sure that the abundance in our heart is perpetually Him, assuring from our mouths rivers of living water to a lost, arid and sin sick world ...

Lord Jesus touch the lips of your remnant everywhere, with living coals from Your altar ... And please Lord if it be Your will do it now ... Right now ... Amen

2004/10/28 14:34Profile

Re: Out of the Abundance of the Heart, the Mouth Speaks ...

Praise God! Im so glad you shared this because this is one of the very things God has been speaking to me about. As i read your thread and came across Philipians 4:8 my heart leapt! I got this verse two days ago in a book i read on forgiveness.

Quote:
[8] Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I have been harbouring bitterness in my heart and as a result:
Quote:
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts...

I thought i was justified in speaking out to a friend about how i have been wronged by certain close christian friends (in authority to) but without realising i was also grieving the holy spirit. When i came to this awfull realisation the other night i wept to God in prayer like never before, i couldn't stop the tears (not that i wanted to, i had grieved the Holy spirit!)
I also read that after Paul admonished us not to grieve the spirit, he added in Ephesians 4:32 "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even asGod for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."
I have to release these people, bless them, pray for them...boy it's going to be hard but God has really opened my eyes. I think the real test will be the fruit, what prceeds from my mouth.
:-(

2004/10/28 15:21
Rahman

Re:

Bless His Holy Name sister Geraldine, for i know a thing or to about grieving the Spirit too ... But let's pray for one another, and the Church, to quick repentance of our grieving the Lord Creator Spirit by surrendering our minds and hearts to Him alone ... Amen

2004/10/28 16:17Profile
dohzman

Re: Out of the Abundance of the Heart, the Mouth Speaks ...

True story however I 'll leave out the names.At a pastors conference during lunch a large group of pastors were waiting to be served lunch.The waitress was new and nervous and a little slow and awkward at her tasks.In the process of serving beverages she spilled a coke on one of the ministers present who represented a rather large church.The minister blew up and made some very sharp negative statements to the waitress (who went away crying and didn't return). The pastor feeling a little ashamed of his actions apologized to thoughs present(he didn't go to apologize to the waitress though), and stated that he didn't know why he had reacted that way. Having witnessed this event, when it was time to speak, the Ministry Superintendent(the head guy of my denomination) asked for a glass and a pitcher of water.He then preceeded to fill the glass to the top and place it on the podium.After laying the pitcher down on the table and with all eyes on him he sharply hit the podium and watched the glass spill all over the place(by the way --the glasss didn't tip over---it just spilled over), he then qouted your scripture and said we like this glass are fine until the things of life upset us,and like this glass of water what inside comes out.A five minute sermon.Then he asked if we might all examine our hearts.Just thought you'd enjoy that story.O' and bye the way,,,,It really happened. That was a true story.

2004/10/28 20:25Profile
moreofHim

Re: power of words

Bro.Rahman,

Quote:
"What comes out of my mouth certainly does define me"

I couldn't agree more. I did a study not too long ago and posted them: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2343&forum=34#14917]The Power of Words[/url]

Quote:
St. Frances de Sales said, "Our words are a faithful index of the state of our souls."

Quote:
"The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the Lord, but gracious words are pure." Pro. 15:26

Daryl,

great true story! I will sharing that one.

In Him, Chanin

2004/10/28 20:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy