SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Contentment – Getting out From Under the Circumstances

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Dennis

Winston Salem, NC

Contentment – Getting out From Under the Circumstances

H. A. Ironside was influenced by the famous evangelist Dwight L. Moody. He accepted Christ at 13, and at 16 began preaching as many as 500 times in one year for the Salvation Army. He became a beloved international Bible teacher, lecture, preacher and in 1930 became pastor of the famous Moody Memorial Church in Chicago.

I was thinking today, about how precious and priceless contentment has become for me. You may long for contentment also. The following thought is from Dr. Ironside as he reflects on (Phil.4:11) "I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

Dr. Ironside says, "Christ is enough to satisfy the hearts of all who confide in Him and who leave everything in His hands. Such need never be cast down by seeming misfortunes."

A Christian asked another how he was getting along. Dolefully his friend replied, "Oh, fairly well, under the circumstances."

"I am sorry," exclaimed the other, "That you are under the circumstances. The Lord would have us living above all circumstances, where He Himself can satisfy our hearts and meet our every need for time and eternity."

If you are interested in knowing more about this giant of a Bible teacher and preacher visit
http://www.wordsearchbible.com/catalog/search.php?searchterm=H.+A.+Ironside?g=7032

2010/9/5 18:24Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Contentment – Getting out From Under the Circumstances

Good word Dennis. Truly it makes all the difference. However be advised that walking in this makes other people crazy. They think you have lost your mind, or are not living in the "real" world.

2010/9/5 18:30Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Contentment – Getting out From Under the Circumstances

Thanks so much, brother, for sharing
this encouraging and uplifting Word!!

2010/9/5 21:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy