SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Romans 16---(it'll all "work out")

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Romans 16---(it'll all "work out")

Saints,
i just been reading through Romans 16, marveling at the list of the saints in Rome.

Paul lists 27 saints by name , as well as their families. He lists them with love and commendation in the Lord. Its a wonderful loving list, and i think it underlines how we should be with one another here.

you think we have contentions here? can you imagine that early Church in Rome?

27 plus saints in 15 verses, and what did Paul close that passage off with?

"Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ greet you." Romans 16:16

THEN, here's whats neat, Paul writes this:

"Iappeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive. For your obedience is known to all, so that I rejoice over you, but I want you to be wise as to what is good and innocent as to what is evil. The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you."

Romans 16:17-20 (ESV)

first an appeal, then an admonition, then rejoicing, then a bit of teaching, then prophesy, then a blessing bestowed, and God gave Paul the Inspiration to do that in a mere 4 verses!!!!

wow!

Convinces me, it will all work out, be encouraged in the Lord, neil

2010/9/3 13:28
DHuff

Atlanta

Re: Romans 16---(it'll all "work out")

Encouraging words, brother! That's one of the many things I love about Paul's letters - so many names of people that he loved, prayed for, and in many cases I'm sure discipled.

He definitely walked the walk, and he really helps us to understand what the fellowship of the saints should be like!

David

2010/9/3 15:19Profile

Brother David

you responded: (and praise God for your response)

"That's one of the many things I love about Paul's letters - so many names of people that he loved, prayed for, and in many cases I'm sure discipled."

me too. and i believe, correct me if i'm wrong, he was the only Apostle to lovingly single out such saints in his letters.

here's a sampling of how he addressed those 27 plus saints in Romans 16:

"Greet Prisca and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus, who risked their necks for my life..."

"Greet my beloved Epaenetus"

"Greet Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen and my fellow prisoners"

"Greet Ampliatus, my beloved in the Lord"

and it continues, the word, "beloved", or "fellow prisoners", "worked hard", "fellow saints".

giving honor to fellow saints, Paul did. Truly a model and a trophy of Grace and Love in Christ.

neil

2010/9/3 17:34
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: Brother David

I think what creates divisions is when we follow the teachings of man instead of the teachings of God, and the example of our Lord Jesus. Imagine a world where people wash each others feet as our Lord did and commanded us to do. Paul was one of these people. The grace of God enabled him to be all things to all men.

2010/9/3 18:25Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Amen Neil.
I've noted this before too. That chapter is chalk full of how we are to love one another. And to be burdened with one another's good.

2010/9/3 18:44Profile

Yes!

Unto babes wrote:

" Imagine a world where people wash each others feet as our Lord did and commanded us to do. "

all the time! should be a Holy Ordinance as God leads, talk about tears and brokeness, when we do as such.

and Michele wrote:

"That chapter is chalk full of how we are to love one another. And to be burdened with one another's good".

'and to be burdened with one another's good".

YES! and amen, that kind of burdened heartspace is ONLY possible thru the Indwelling Ministry of the Holy Spirit,
this is a truth, we KNOW all This, we know our shared Most Holy Faith, its a simple Faith, it's pure, it has no man made agenda, its so simple, a 7 year child apprehended it, in It's Totality, without even being told by man.

How do i know this? it was my son. a dear lad.

came up to me on the day of my water baptism, 2002 ,three months after i apprehended Messiah, said, "Daddy, i want to be baptized with you".

my heart leapt, i kept my composure, "Do you know what That means?"

"Yes Daddy, It means i accept Jesus Christ as my Personal Savior".

we both went into the water that day, oh blessed day.

means that my dear son and i will ALWAYS be together. ALWAYS.

That's the Faith we ALL here share in, and its just like that long loving list of the saints in Rome, that Paul remembered in letter, names etched in Heaven.

Because in those days, it wasnt a ball point pen and cheap lined paper, delievered by the US Postal Service, it was a stylus, papyrus, or leather, and lots and lots of walking to deliever such a Letter.

God bless you both, God bless you all, even in the darkest days, there is still Light! amen. with a Holy Kiss, neil

2010/9/3 19:26
DHuff

Atlanta

Re: Yes!

Precious testimony, Neil ... Over the years, my wife and I have experienced the blessing of seeing our daughter and three sons come to faith in Christ. Few things in this life to compare with it. Your baptism account thrilled my soul.

David

2010/9/3 20:47Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

This is a touching chapter no doubt. And it is such because it issues out of a genuine thanks and appreciation from the heart from Paul on behalf of his brothers and sisters in the faith. This is not a man who simply looks at his fellow laborers as his professional colleagues, whom he has forgotten once their usefulness had expired. Nor was it a man who merely thought of other brothers and sisters as simply individuals whose heads he used to keep score concerning the size and scope of his ministry.

Rather, here we read a man who was genuinely appreciative for those whom God had brought into his life, and this appreciation so overflowed his heart that when he had opportunity to do so, he gave thanks. May we all so live in the same appreciation for our brethren, that we actually take time to give thanks for them. And not only before God, but before each other.

Can you imagine a church where its members were actually thankful for one another? Can you imagine a SermonIndex where its members were actually thankful for one another?

Just some thoughts :-)

2010/9/3 21:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy