SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : John 6:39

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
buttermilk80

Ohio

John 6:39

"And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day."

We serve the Living God with a GREAT calm, knowing that our soul resides in the hand of such a faithful servant of the Most High. Jesus is sure in His words. I stake my soul on his very breath.

So, (clearing throat here) what of these people who are begining to grow in number lately? I speak of the happy "ex-christian". It's a curious fad which seems to be developing a quite fashionable appeal to so many. I might not have a good grasp on reality, but even I recognize politically correct foolishness when I see it.

Here's a tidbit for those poor blind folk who think they've outsmarted God:

To all you who think you were once a christian and have thought yourself to have walked away from the faith. I give you a happy thumbs up. Congratulations! You've succeeded in doing the impossible. Point is, if you were really a part of the body of Christ, you would never walk away.

Now this offers you both depression and hope. Depression because you defame the name of Christ and offer injury to the body of Christ by your confession of failure. You will certainly answer for such remarks just as any enemy of God will do. If this doesn't depress you, don't worry. It will when you stand before Him on that day. And, besides, why should we think any injury to Christ would worry a non-christian?

And this offers hope to you (that if you think you left christianity, you were never a part of it) because you have not turned from Christ Jesus. You likely never turned to Him in the first place. Open to you is all of heaven if you will humble yourself and learn from Him. It's up to you. He offers.

One more tiny word regarding this "ex-christian" idea. It seems to me that this trend is becoming fashionable. Much like some kind of third rate movie star proclaiming some supposed great philosophical or political point. How useless can a person's lips become? They mouth great things they have no knowledge about and thereby make themselves apparent as fools. Isn't it bad enough that we are fools compared to the wisdom of God? Do we gotta tell everyone?

2010/8/29 6:20Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: John 6:39

Interesting article.

Fact is, we can't harm God.

Psalm 2v4, 'He who sits in the heavens shall laugh...'

Whilst God does not laugh at sin, He knows the very thoughts of man are futile.

God bless.

2010/8/31 11:19Profile
Renoncer

Re:

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.
(1 John 2:19)

2010/8/31 13:10Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: John 6:39

Without trying to be controversial, The word lose which in Greek is (Apollumi) means to destroy or harm. The verse does not speak of the believer walking away and destroying or harming his own soul, but Christ the good shepherd who protects the sheep from harm will not do anything on His part to destroy or harm whose whom the father has given to Him. Please read Jon 10:11-12
Joh 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
Please compare that verse with John 18:9. because in that verse we see the fulfillment of that promise.
John 18: 4-9
Joh 18:4 Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? 18:5 They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. 18:6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground. 18:7 Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth. 18:8 Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way: 18:9 That the saying might be fulfilled, which he spake, Of them which thou gavest me have I lost(Apollumi) none. These promises of the Lord Jesus are very comforting to His sheep, to whom also He gives warnibgs to keep them following Him to the end. It is God's infinite wisdom to heed the warnings and be comforted in the promises. To try to emphasize one over the other is not found in the wisdom of God but in the wisdom of this world.

2010/8/31 14:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy