SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events :  In the Battle Between Church & Strip Club: Love Wins!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

This is not the only place this is happening. I know of some godly women that do the same around my area. The take basket full of nice things and sit and talk to the women. Their husbands sit in the car and pray. They have women who tell them nobody ever cared about us. Some cry and share their hearts. They haven't had a convert yet, but are expecting to reap a harvest. I can't help but praise them for doing what they can and leaving the rest to Jesus.

2010/8/28 23:46Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
I know of some godly women that do the same around my area. The take basket full of nice things and sit and talk to the women. Their husbands sit in the car and pray.

Do they actually go into the strip clubs to do this? A sister here is actually the one who sent me this via email. And she has a burden to do the same. However, She was wanting to go into the club. And I have been pretty apprehensive about doing that for safety reasons. However, I suppose I've gone into a bar before, but still...

And bravo to the husbands! that's a switch of roles.

2010/8/28 23:50Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Yes they do go in. They pour a lot of prayer on all this before hand. Their husbands praying in the parking lot offer a bit of safety to them though. However nobody should go do this unless they know they are sent. If God sends them He will be faithful to take care of them as well.

2010/8/28 23:59Profile
DHuff

Atlanta

Re:

Thanks, everyone, for your insights about this. Very much appreciated! It has reminded me of some things that I already knew, but -- well -- needed to be reminded of:

1. God's love, His mercy, and the power of His Spirit working through obedient believers, are more awesome than we can imagine.

2. starofGOD's good reminder that, if we're called upon to rebuke sin, we shouldn't do it with the spirit of a pharisee (Eph 4:15)

3. Hate the sin, love the sinner.

4. I felt sure when I joined the SI forums I would be on the learning end much more than the "teaching" end. I was definitely right, and am glad :-)

God bless,
David

2010/8/29 6:48Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
4. I felt sure when I joined the SI forums I would be on the learning end much more than the "teaching" end. I was definitely right, and am glad :-)

Im in the same boat brother :)

I was confused about the original post but now fully understand it and am glad I do. I wonder if the husbands ever get out of the car and pray in the parking lot in a prayer circle that would definitely change things but it might hurt the owners business and so it probably wouldn't be long for the owner to ban the woman from coming in the club. I remember reading a story about Billy Graham's wife she would bring cookies to every business like once a month and then realized she never gave cookies to the local bar, she started to and had many witnessing opportunities and even developed many friendships

I agree that anyone that does such a ministry needs to be sent by God to do it and not just do this at a wimp, prayed up and sword ready to go for the darkness to be battled with, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12

I think sometimes we forget this verse.

2010/8/29 7:38Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:

DHuff,
we are all on the "learning" end until Christ returns and we become like Him. (Jn 3:2) (Besides that's a better place to be anyhow!:)
I learned many things from this article and from you all talking about it as well.

God bless you

2010/8/29 9:29Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

I do not know how the pray, only that they do pray. Hopefully the are led even in that.

2010/8/29 10:41Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Opened up to these verses this morning, I'm pretty it is pertaining to this post in particular.

Ps 146:7Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The LORD looseth the prisoners: 8The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:
9The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.
- I'm pretty sure these strippers would be considered the "oppressed" and the blind, and possibly even the fatherless or the hungry.

jer 22:3Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

zec 7:9Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother:10And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

2010/8/29 23:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy