Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : THEOLOGY ALIVE by Oswald Chambers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 THEOLOGY ALIVE by Oswald Chambers

"Walk while ye have the light lest darkness come upon you." John 12:35

Beware of not acting upon what you see in your moments on the mount with God. If you do not obey the light, it will turn into darkness. "If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!" The second you waive the question of sanctification or any other thing upon which God gave you light, you begin to get dry rot in your spiritual life. Continually bring the truth out into actuality; work it out in every domain, or the very light you have will prove a curse.

The most difficult person to deal with is the one who has the smug satisfaction of an experience to which he can refer back, but who is not working it out in practical life. If you say you are sanctified, show it. The experience must be so genuine that it is shown in the life. Beware of any belief that makes you self-indulgent; it came from the pit, no matter how beautiful it sounds.

Theology must work itself out in the most practical relationships. "Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees . . ." said Our Lord, i.e., you must be more moral than the most moral being you know. You may know all about the doctrine of sanctification, but are you running it out into the practical issues of your life? Every bit of your life, physical, moral and spiritual, is to be judged by the standard of the Atonement.

2010/8/27 10:14Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: THEOLOGY ALIVE by Oswald Chambers

Quote: 'Every bit of your life, physical, moral and spiritual, is to be judged by the standard of the Atonement'.

And so we should live to that standard.

God bless.

2010/8/27 10:17Profile
buttermilk80

Ohio

Re:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." And every word He has spoke to guide us is life. That Word is life. What a miracle that the same Word which made all creation takes me up to meet with Him. What is written comes to life and all sin and rebellion is driven from us. There is a passage which comes to mind. With understanding and humility I present it here.

"You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life." (John 5: 39).

There are words. Then there is the Word. What a privilage to know the Word. To live in His manner is found so easy when we keep our attention on Him. Though we seek a serious calling. (perhaps the word serious doesn't do it justice) Yet His burden is light. Through the Spirit of God, the Way is made straight, pure, and hopeful. Personally, I have found the Way hard when I sought to obey the letters. Perhaps there is a time and season for every means. Today is a day of rejoicing, for my feet do not slip. And I give the credit to He who calls.

2010/8/27 10:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy