SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : When Sleep is Good

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
buttermilk80

Ohio

When Sleep is Good

When I wake and search my soul for trouble, it is to Him my mind turns. I seek not the trouble of the day. For each day is designed to contain its own troubles. But what did my sleep leave for the morning? Is there a division unresolved between the Lord and I? Or have I lived in such a manner that as sleep faded in, the peace of God awaited my openning eyes.

Each day I wake and assess the walk I walk, it gives me great pleasure to realize "it is well with my soul". I need not look far to remember waking with sin at my door. Unresolved distance between the Lord's expectation of me and the rebel I was the evening before. Waking from sleep with that specific odor of sin within my soul. But to wake with the scent of God's Spirit within me. How wonderful a thing!

All praise and glory to God in Christ Jesus! That He would give such amazing gifts of hope to such a man as I. "All of you must keep awake (give strict attention, be cautious and active) and watch and pray, that you may not come into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." (Matt. 26:41, Amplified) So, when my body must sleep, may I sleep in the palm of God's hand. And may this be so for all my brothers and sisters. Amen

2010/8/27 9:51Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: When Sleep is Good

'When you lie down, you will not be afraid, yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet', Proverbs 3v24.

God is good.

2010/8/27 10:02Profile
DHuff

Atlanta

Re: When Sleep is Good

It truly is a blessing when we turn our thoughts to God the moment we awake, to learn to delight in Him from the outset of the day. It recalls to my mind a song that a precious older lady shared with me, when I was I young man; she always began her day with it:

"Good morning Lord, it's great to see the sun again,
Good morning Lord, it's great to talk with You again,
Each day's a flower, and as it blooms,
I'll trust it's care to You,
That's why I say, as it begins, Good morning Lord."

2010/8/27 10:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy