SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What if you have someone in your church who is at Breaking Point and Suicidal!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

What if you have someone in your church who is at Breaking Point and Suicidal!

James 2
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled ; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone . 18 Yea, a man may say , Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

There have been times when I have no money and in this recession, when I have been at Breaking Point. Such as I have no money in the bank account or a vast and numerous problems and been in desperation, a relationship breakup, family is near divorce, a church about to end, Had to stay out on the street last night, No food for weeks.
My Problem is when I enter most churches there are numerous problems.
Sometimes maybe in prayer meetings we have may have someone who is going to Hell tomorrow or we may have someone who may end up in Prison for there faith.

This is a quote from David Leggs sermon on Love
[url=http://www.preachtheword.com/sermon/rwn06.shtml]http://www.preachtheword.com/sermon/rwn06.shtml[/url]

Quote:

"Charles Price tells a story of being invited to speak at a conference in Boston several years ago when other speakers were there. Juan Carlos Ortiz was there, and his church is in Buenos Aires, and it started at 300 people and within three to five years there were 3000. It was known as the fastest growing church in Buenos Aires. One day driving past a local cemetery he saw that the cemetery was growing too. Then he realised that they weren't growing, they were just getting fat. He realised that 'We had', he said, '300 largely average unloving Christians, and now we had grown to 3000 largely average unloving Christians - that isn't growth, that's just getting fat'. He was so concerned that he decided to preach a series on love. He went to church for the first Sunday, for the first message, and he was going to look at the different Greek words for love. During the worship service the Lord said to him, 'Don't preach your sermon'. The worship finished, and he said: 'Brothers and sisters, my text this morning is, 'Love one another'', and then he sat down for two minutes.

The worship leader said: 'Are we supposed to sing another song?'. Then he got up again and he said: 'Brothers and sisters, love one another'. His wife in the balcony thought he'd flipped his lid, and the people obviously were uncomfortable with this. He got up again, and a fourth time said: 'Love one another'. As he went back to his seat, someone on the far side of the church turned to the next person and said: 'Is there any way I could love you?'. Then another did it, and then another, until the whole church erupted. He said that they had 28 unemployed people in the church that Sunday, and every one of them went home with a job. There were single mums, and every one was adopted by a family who said: 'You come and have dinner with us twice a week, and we will look after you'. Many others' needs were met, and he said: 'If I had preached my message on love, at the end people would have come saying, 'Thank you for the way that you preached, I now know the distinction between agape love and filio love' - but 28 people would have went home unemployed, and probably most of the church couldn't have cared less'.

Next week he had the same text, and the same thing happened again. For three months he preached on the same text - do you know what happened? 300 people left the church, they came to the elders: 'We employed this man to feed us, anyone can stand up there and say 'Love one another''. The pastor said: 'The problem is, I've been preaching to you for years and you don't do anything'. At the end of three months, he got up and he said: 'I've a new text today', and they all clapped! 'Love your neighbour as yourself'. People left, got into their cars, drove home, went to their neighbour: 'I am a Christian', they said, 'Is there anything I can do to help you, or pray for?'. There were needs that they couldn't imagine, and do you know what happened? The church office was bombarded with phone calls of unconverted people ringing up and saying: 'Is that the church that's willing to help me, because I've got problems?'.

Do you know the love of God? Has the love of God been imparted to your soul? Are you expressing the love of God to other souls?a

I know by focusing on the Lord that he solves all these smaller problems?

The next issue is I want to talk to is about prayer, I think we need a Revival in Prayer. God knows peoples smaller circumstances

Daniel 2:7 KJV
They answered again and said , Let the king tell his servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation of it.

God knows people problems far above ours, There was one time I never actually asked people specifically to pray for me, I would see if they were listening to God to see whether they were true or false. To see whether God had revealed it to them.

I think recently I have been on a Helter Skelter of prayer, What if the person cannot pray? , the reason I bring up David Leggs extract of his sermon "Revival of Love", is because this shows how loving people actually changed an entire church? I look at my own life and think how many numerous people have been in need but I also want God and know that if I focus on him, he can fix all these minor problems, I have such a desire to be with him! Yet other desires? I am not looking for the Church to fix the social justices issue, just for God to fix the sin in me and I can focus on him and he can solve these issues.

2010/8/21 19:37Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: What if you have someone in your church who is at Breaking Point and Suicidal!

Love binds the wounds and heals the
hearts. Love is the purpose and
reason we live. Love never fails!!

2010/8/21 21:54Profile

Re:

deltadom this is beautiful thank you so much. As of late i have been very lonely with not to many friends unless i drive out of state, well i went to church today and only a few talked to me and i sat in the pew all alone, i went down stairs afterwards and i had one lady say i hope you get better and everything, but i sat their all alone with not too many people thinking about the agony in my soul, then i went to a church for a concert at 2 and i sat a table all alone and had one lady who use to be apart of my church say hi from a distance but i sat their, i am not saying people don't say hi and bye but i need comfort and the sad thing is i don't really get that from the church unless i have to literally go up to people myself. But thank you so much, i might read this to my church.

2010/8/22 15:39
TrueWitness

Re:

Quote:
i need comfort and the sad thing is i don't really get that from the church unless i have to literally go up to people myself.

If you want to have a friend, then BE a friend. I'm so sorry to hear about your wallowing in self pity. You need to get over it because self pity is a form of complaining against God. My purpose is not to hurt or condemn but confront the problem and get you to see it. If you don't recognize and admit you have a problem, you will forever be stuck in it. It is time to move on brother, I know you can by trusting in Jesus, the Good Shepherd.

2010/8/22 17:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy