SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray for me

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Please pray for me

I am going through a weird time with my relationship with the Lord, I am looking for a deeper relationship but have run into my own flesh as the hinderance. What scares me the most is my ability to pray and worship without even thinking about the Lord. I feel similar to Keith Green's song My Eyes are Dry. I have just been wanting to hear the Lord on matters that I have never sought but being in the religious systems I find myself saying the good ole religious phraseology as oppose to just speaking from my heart and being honest with the Lord. I am fluent in Christianese praying and it bugs me or has of recently that I can do this with no actual connection with God. Or at least I can't feel a connection with God. My wife says that I don't open up to her enough and told her that I have a hard time opening up to God at times that I need to get my head straight and my relationship with the Lord figured out before I can have any relationship with others. Sorry this got kind of long but any and all prayer would be appreciated.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/8/20 11:22Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Please pray for me

I will pray for you. Pray for me also as I am going through a similar period. I would like to share something the Lord has shown me in this time;

There is a danger of being more consecrated to our feelings and emotions than to God Himself. We cannot estimate our state by feelings or emotions.

Are going through the motions and dry-eyed Christianity a concern? Yes, very much. But if I have wept, is that my measure of having met with God?

In Christ,

Ron

2010/8/20 11:49Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thank you brother Ron I understand what you are saying. I guess my real concern is lack of intimacy and taking the time and energy to Focus on God with all that I am instead of half way going through the motions of prayer and religion. I will agree in prayer as well for you.

2010/8/20 12:09Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Please pray for me

I will be praying for you.

I also went through a dry spell, but have come out the other side because of a few things that I believe the Lord showed me.

First of all, He must be first of all. Instead of adding Him into my day, I make my day start with Him. Up early and seek His face. I start with communion and bible reading. I know that some would have problems with this but Jesus says do this as often as you do it in rememberence of Me. That is what I do. I have communion with Him. Then I have returned to praying on my knees, not sitting or standing, and without music. For a while I felt soaking in worship music brought me into His presence more, but now I see it can be an opiate at times. So I get on my knees by my bed and cry out to Him. Ever since I started doing this my communion, or fellowship with the Lord, has become increasingly wonderful. Now it seems I don't get off my knees without having wept my heart out, and come to the place of refreshing.

My relationship with Him is so much more wonderful, and my joy in daily life has returned as well. Hallelujah.

Peace to you, and joy too in the Holy Ghost brother.

Now about your wife. I learned something about how to have a right relationship with my husband. I praise him in my heart. I think on the things that I can praise him about, and they are many, and I minimize the things I don't like, in other words I forget those things. When I do that the little specks I don't like, fade into what I do like, and the specks don't seem like so much. In fact I admire him very much now. Previously I couldn't find much I liked, but that was a lie of the enemy. To bring it down to a purely visible parable. You buy and classic car and have a vision of what it will be like restored. At first it is gorgeous, then you see the flaws, the scratches, rust, worn upolstery, etc. You get discouraged, but if you can keep the vision you had in the beginning you will love that classic car.

It is when we grumble in our hearts about someone that we aren't able to love them as we should. But when we give thanks for them and focus on their good qualities we will value them as God does. He sees us as diamonds in rough, but He knows what the finished product will be. It will look just like His Son. Praise the Lord. We need to view others as we would have them view us. With all our warts, and flaws, we are accepted in the beloved. Our spouses and other people in our lives must be viewed the same way. Only the Holy Ghost can give you the ability to love unconditionally. Be filled with the Holy Spirit.

2010/8/20 12:13Profile
jimp

Re:

hi,joy comes from the realization of how much God the Father loves you as an individual.it does not come from the watchmens perspective but from the loving one who stops on the road to pick up a wounded brother or sister and reaches out in love to them,so that they might be restored in the family...that is the heart of God.jimp i will also be praying and i love you both because i have the tee shirt.

2010/8/20 15:13Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy