SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : THE SACRAMENT OF THE SAINT by Oswald Chambers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Makrothumia

This seems to be a razor's edge:

"To choose to suffer means that there is something wrong; to choose God's Will even if it means suffering is a very different thing. No healthy saint ever chooses suffering; he chooses God's will, as Jesus did, whether it means suffering or not. No saint dare interfere with the discipline of suffering in another saint."

I really am trying to understand this. Not question it. I hope this question makes sense, but what was the fountain from which Jesus tears flowed when it is said that he wept?

2010/8/11 12:39Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Jesus was weeping because of their unbelief.

2010/8/11 13:09Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

I understand that, I know it was because of unbelief, but what did the tears mean? I am not sure how to ask this question. Were they tears of frustration? Were they tears of pity? Was he weeping over their unbelief because of what they were missing out on, was there compassion there? That is what I mean by my question. The cause of the weeping does not help me to understand what was going through his mind and soul. I know scripture is silent and does not say, but I think for some reason it has something to do with this thread.

I could be completely wrong and off base though.

2010/8/11 13:18Profile
HeartSong

Re:

It is the agony of heart of One that knows the Father, and knows that He is altogether good, and beautiful, and lovely, and kind, and abounding with grace and mercy. But the people, in their darkness and unbelief, cannot, or will not, see Him as such and prefer to focus on what they perceive to be loss - that which is actually gain - and in so doing exclude themselves from His Glory.

2010/8/11 14:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy