SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : i want God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

i want God

I seriously sick of this dumb hardened heart of mine and blindness to what i have believed for 7 years. Things aren't convicting me anymore and sin has become casual. I am trying to figure out if God is just letting me go though most of you would say he isn't but it sure seems like it, i aint getting better even the more i read his word. Ido have a problem lusting after womens beauty in my heart, but still i don't know if that is the main reason. I have told God i want him and nothing else but he just seems to not come to my rescue. I mean i just can't see God letting someone go who wants him so much, but he could, i might have had my chance. Please pray with and for me i am so desperate.

2010/8/7 2:12Profile
Crux

Re: i want God

Praying for you:)

2010/8/7 3:26Profile
eternalpunx

brother, i totally understand what you're going through. the Lord is faithful to lead you through this time. I personally just came out of the same kind of situation and what it took for me was prayer and public confession. I really recommend that you get a group of trusted brothers in the faith, confess your sins to them, and have them pray for you. I also recommend a sermon given by David Wilkerson titled "Jabbok". Prayin for you bro.

2010/8/7 9:28Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I was just reading something from William Gurnall yesterday that encouraged my heart, I hope it will encourage you also...

‘And having done all, to stand,’ Eph. 6:13

We have here the certainty of persevering and overcoming at last, if clad with this armour. Having done all, to stand, else it were small encouragement to bid them take that armour which would not surely defend them.

Doctrine. There can be no perseverance without true grace in the heart. Every soul clad with this armour of God shall stand and persevere; or thus, true grace can never be vanquished. The Christian is a born conqueror, the gates of hell shall not prevail against him. He that is ‘born of God, overcometh the world,’ I John 5:4. Mark from whence the victory is dated, even from his birth. There is victory sown in his new nature; even that seed of God, which will keep him from being swallowed up by sin or Satan. As Christ rose never to die more, so doth he raise souls from the grave of sin, never to come under the power of spiritual death more. These holy ones of God cannot ‘see corruption.’ Hence he that believes is said in the present tense to have eternal life. As ‘the law that came four hundred years after,’ could not make void the promise made to Abraham, so nothing that intervenes can hinder the accomplishing of that promise of eternal life, which was given and passed to Christ in their behalf before the foundation of the world. If a saint could in any way miscarry, and fall short of this eternal life, it must be from one of these three causes: Because God may forsake the Christian, and withdraw his grace and help from him; or because the believer may forsake God; or lastly, because Satan may pluck him out of the hands of God. Another cause I know not. Now none of these can be,

First. Because God can never forsake the Christian. Some unadvised speeches have dropped from tempted souls discovering some fears of God’s casting them off, but they have been confuted, and have eaten their words with shame, as we see in Job and David. O what admirable security hath the great God given his children in this particular!

1. In promises he hath said, ‘I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee,’ Heb. 13:5. [There are] five negatives in that promise, as so many seals to ratify it to our faith. He assures us there never did or can so much as arise a repenting thought in his heart concerning the purposes of his love and special grace towards his children—‘The gifts and calling of God are without repentance,’ Rom. 11:29. Even the believers’ sins against him—their froward carriage —stirs not up thoughts of casting them off, but of reducing them—‘For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me, and was wroth, and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart. I have seen his ways, and will heal them,’ Isa. 57:17,18. The water of the saints’ failings cast on the fire of God’s love cannot quench it. Whom he loves, he loves to the end.

2. God, to give further weight and credit to our unbelieving and misgiving hearts, seals his promise with an oath. See Isa. 54:8-10, ‘With everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer. For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee.’ Yea, he goes on and tells them, ‘The mountains shall depart’—meaning at the end of the world, when the whole frame of the heavens and earth shall be dissolved—‘but his kindness shall not depart, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed.’ Now, lest any should think this was some charter belonging to the Jews alone, we find it, settled on every servant of God as his portion. ‘This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord,’ Isa. 54:17. And surely God that is so careful to make his children’s inheritance sure to them, will con them little thanks, who busy their wits to invalid and weaken his conveyances, yea, disprove his will. If they had taken a bribe, they could not plead Satan’s cause better.

3. In the actual fulfilling of these promises —which he hath made to believers—to Christ their attorney. As God, before the world began, gave a promise of eternal life to Christ for them, so now hath he given actual possession of that glorious place to Christ, as their advocate and attorney, where that eternal life shall be enjoyed by them. For as he came upon our errand from heaven, so thither he returned again, to take and hold possession of that inheritance which God had of old promised, and he in one sum at his death had paid for. And now, what ground of fear can there be in the believer's heart, concerning God's love standing firm to him, when he sees the whole covenant performed already to Christ for him, whom God hath not only called to, sanctified for, and upheld in the great work he has to finish for us; but also justified in his resurrection and jail-delivery, and received him into heaven, there to sit on the right hand of the majesty on high, by which he hath not only possession for us, but full power to give it unto all believers?

-excerpted from The Christian in Complete Armour by William Gurnall

2010/8/7 10:56Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

my problem is that i don't know if i ever was born again.

2010/8/7 12:16Profile

Re:

The best thing for you to be is to be honest with yourself and God.

We yield to sin because we like it, it feels good at the moment and afterward it yields the bitter fruit of unrighteousness. It's the latter we don't like.

Then we come to a place in our sinful existence of the merry-go-round of sin repent, sin repent, when we get tired of the whole thing. Sin has worn us out like an old rag. Now all the fun is drawn out of it and we are left with this feeling of emptiness.

The emptiness is normal after such a bout with sin. God has never left you. Your sin is no surprise to Him, and He is NOT offended or mad at you. He is waiting for you to get so sick of yourself that you either drive yourself up a wall or repent.

If God was mad at you because of your sin, then Christ didn't do a very good job at taking away the sin of the world.

Keep calling out to God for salvation from sin EACH TIME YOU SIN. God never is weary of those that call out to Him for help. Your in good hands, your in far better shape than the Christian who doesn't call out to God at all. Sin is a tool whereby is necessary that when we are in distress it either causes us to move away from God and continue to enjoy sin or cause us to come to Him with all our miseries even though we may do the same thing over and over again.

We have to remember that it's the calling out to God for help, strength. He will never turn away a single soul.

The next time that "feeling of temptation" comes upon you instantly call upon the name of Jesus for His strength. Abandon your own attempts of rebuking the devil, that method never works. But hold fast my friend, your going to sense a strength that you have never known that "our strength is made perfect in weakness wherein the mystery of grace is applied.

It is here we get silly in our thinking. Once we sense that His strength has caused us to overcome we relax as if that is enough and we continue on our merry way. The next bout with temptation is just around the corner. We have to be ready for that and call upon Jesus once again for His strength. There is no amount of bible reading, prayer, church attendance that will cause us to overcome the wiles of the devil. Don't get me wrong, I didn't say they wouldn't help, but it all boils down to that final decision.

I've known many to read the bible, go to church, even pray and still yield to sin as if it was going out of style, I know I was one of them.

It is our decision to yield or not. And if we do yield God is not going to throw you overboard. The grace of God is greater than sin. If we had a proper understanding of Grace, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Few would abuse it, but a great many will cherish it. That is why Pastors lace their message with law because they are scared to death that if you had just a wee bit of knowledge about what grace has done for you, you'd soar.

Preach grace and who cares if any abuse it, let God deal with them.

Two men went up to Church to pray. One was a Priest the other just a common man. The Priest prays to God, "I thank God that I am like this common sinner over there, I pay my taxes, I give to the soup kitchen, I deserve your attention God." God never returned his prayer as if He never heard it.

The common man couldn't even look up to God for in his anguish he cried for mercy and God heard his cry and that man returned justified.

Take a lesson from the common man, don't stop calling upon the name of the Lord, for it's there that we will always leave justified, which means that God has cleared you of any wrong doing. And if we have to do that 70x7, 490 times a day, He is not weary in hearing your cry for help. We may become weary, but He will not.

And abandon that crazy notion that you think your not born again, STOP IT!

2010/8/8 8:32
Wordizlife

Re:

Your post was a blessing to me, Snuf.

2010/8/8 14:55Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

maybe that is a problem a misunderstanding of grace.Thanks snuf.

2010/8/9 0:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy