SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Where's the Fruit?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Where's the Fruit?

So I thought I would share something humorous from my childhood that the Lord has used to teach me a valuable lesson about gardening and Christianity. :) I hope that this will be edifying to you all if not at least humorous and give you a good laugh. :)

So I was in the 6th grade and everyone in my class had received a little tomatoe plant to take home and plant if we so chose. I took my little plant home and with hope and great aspirations of seeing some lovely tomatoes on my plant I decided to plant this little guy in our yard. I loved my little plant and was faithful in takening care of it, I watered it everyday after I would get home and much to my surprise this plant that I watered began to grow quite large.

My mom told me one day to my horror my mom pointed out that this little plant now a good 3 feet tall didn't produce any tomatoes. I hadn't quite realized it but she was right for so long I had watered this little plant and it grew into a majestic 3 foot tall plant I was very proud of the hard work I put into watering and taking care of it but eventually had to draw the same question my mom had, Where's the Fruit? I did some research and after much consideration and thought discovered that my little tomatoe plant wasn't a tomatoe plant at all but a weed.

I was crushed to find that all my hard work had been profitless and absolutely pointless when I went outside to destroy this weed that was an imposture of my beloved tomatoe plant. Not only did I not get to enjoy the tomatoes from my plant but realized that my little plant I started out with died long ago and so all hopes of enjoying a tomatoe from my plant were lost as well.

I find it humorous now and enjoy the fruit of the life lesson that the Lord has shown me through this experience. The lesson is this there are attitudes and activities that we operate in and do that we have and hope to see some kind of profit or fruit after much hard work and sweat we find the fruit isn't there. How do we know whether something is profitable to us or of use in our relationship and Christian walk, We will naturally produce the fruit of what we operate in whether good or bad.

Are there things in your life that seem like they should produce great fruit but have failed to? Are their attitudes that you operate in that while you are in them they seem justifiable but produce zero good fruit? Think about and reflect on just today has there been something that you have done or said that seemed or appeared good but only produced bad fruit in the end? No matter what your intention maybe look at the fruit of your life and ask the Lord are these the fruits you want to produce in me? Is there anything I ought to remove or cut out of my life in order for me to produce the fruit you desire to see and enjoy?

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/8/5 19:44Profile

Re: Where's the Fruit?

Well said and just at the right time here, not knowing what to tell God's eldest child here about a few things that have her down because they did not pan out, even with all the planing and efforts.

Thanks Bro!
g

2010/8/5 21:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy