SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Should the "ole fool" just shut up?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
buttermilk80

Ohio

Should the "ole fool" just shut up?

Many have said the following to me:
1. You’re too negative. Everything you talk about is danger, or the end times, or critical of the world around you.
2. You say you have no friends. But it’s no wonder.
3. You’re critical of politics. But you say you believe God has His hand on the leaders.
4. I can’t take what you say, “mellow out”.
5. I want to be your friend. But I can’t take the stress you bring to the table.
6. You’re becoming an embarasment to me. Be quiet.
I say to them:
1. America is headed, very quickly, to terrible times.
2. You will see Christians beaten, striped of possessions, imprisioned, beheaded, and killed in the streets.
3. Most people I meet are oblivious to the radical changes around them.
4. I find almost no one speaking about God, the coming judgment, the return of Christ, the call to holiness demanded of Jesus for His people, or the need to turn away from materialism (which is idolatry).
5. Most believe the current times are only another bump in the political landscape. And life goes on as before.

God is about to unleash all the judgments He has warned about. Many will die and be sent to hell. Few will be saved. Suffering, as never before, is right at the door. And people think I am too negative? If you can’t handle those words from me, and you can get away from me, what do you think will be the case when you stand naked and captive before the consuming fire of God when He speaks those same things?

People want me to speak “pretty” words and be joyful. I do not contain “pretty” words. And my joy is reserved for the moment I see the face of Jesus. I am a vessel containing a warning of violent things. The only way to silence me is that I should go away. I speak what I contain. And I will not silence those things. They have remained locked inside for your sake too long already.

There is a war afoot today. And things are about to get very wicked and violent. Now is the time to choose sides. “Do you not know that friendship with the world is to be an enemy of God”? Many are about to suffer unspeakable things, both un-believers and Christians. But the Christians will have help to endure. The others will not. Though God is love, that love is reserved for those who love Him and His ways. All else are His enemies. I am a warning and a witness to these things. I am not a good man, nor have I attained the holiness required by the Soverign Lord of Glory. I am only a stick redeemed from the fire.

Silence and complacency are not options. Jesus said this: “ If any of you want to be my followers, you must forget about yourself. You must take up your cross each day and follow me. If you want to save your life, you will destroy it. But if you give up your life for me, you will save it. What will you gain, if you own the whole world but destroy yourself or waste your life? If you are ashamed of me and my message in this wicked and adulterous generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of you when he comes in his glory and in the glory of his Father and the holy angels. . . “

By His Grace.

2010/8/5 12:42Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Should the "ole fool" just shut up?

No one needs to write you a reality
check. GOD has given you the message
for the times! HE will deliver,
guide, and lead those who are committed
to follow and lay down their lives
through them!!

2010/8/5 12:59Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Thank you

buttermilk80, thank you for the warning/exhortation. just want to encourage you to keep warning/exhorting, and not to let anyone discourage you. those who have ears to hear will hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches. It is not always a pretty message, but a much needed one. God bless.
Oracio

2010/8/5 13:18Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

I encurage people to warn about what times we are living in, its true millions seem blinded to what is happening in our world, but also, id like to warn those that has seen the truth, i have come to know several brothers that has seen the truth but when other did not recive it from them, their warning they where "frustrated" and proclaimed even more, this might be right to do for some, but for some in the end as they warn more and more their gospel becomes nothing more.... just warning and doom, it is true Jesus our Lord told us to warn others, and true love does that, but i think we need to check if that is all we talk about, Jesus did not, and he knew Jerusalem would in a few years from when he preached be a in war and the temple would be a pile of stones.... he did warn them about this, but he also encuraged, said kind things, helped people and so forth, do keep continue to warn, we need a loud voice in our generation to wake people up, but let us be careful we do not go off the road and down into the ditch and miss the "balance" of being centered on the narrow road.

I am not saying this is the situation with the original poster, but i have seen many go to far and forget the gospel message and the centrality of Christ to just warn, every time you speak with them they warn you, even if you say you agree and is burdened by this they yet keep warning you. As with all things there is a Spirit lead balance we must strive for.

just a warning about warning :)

2010/8/5 14:26Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Buttermilk,

I understand your frustration. What you wrote is something that has been spoken of much on these forums. In essence you are preaching to the choir here - not saying this to discourage you, but just that you be aware of the kind of people that post here.

May I encourage you to ask the LORD each day how you can bless someone. This would be an act of kindness. You might be surprised what this will do to you...it might even enhance your message or 'adore the Gospel of Jesus Christ'. BTW, what will enhance this act of blessing someone is that you must not publicize it; keep it to your self...see what happens - it has a wonderful way of encouraging yourself.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2010/8/5 19:33Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I agree with what Christian is saying and I would like to encourage you as well to keep warning people. I think often and identify this with Jeremiah and draw more encouragement from him than any of the other prophets. Jeremiah was faithful in encouraging people but he often spoke on spiritually deaf ears because of the stiff necks and hard hearts. If you feel its your calling to warn people I would get in my prayer closest and ask God to give you compassion and mercy on the people you are called to warn, A good herold of the truth is one that can not only warn people but to weep for those don't take heed while they warn. I have often times spoke the truth without this compassion but was quite zealous and have found that many people hardened their heart further as opposed to listen, because in my zeal for the truth it just came off as being a critical know it all similar to that of the pharisees.

However its much harder for most to reject a message of a weeping messenger because they can see that this is something that you truly are convicted by and are serious about being concerned for their lives. Jesus often wept for the people and we ought to too.

We see a great aplication and warning of zeal though. Peter in Zeal cut off the ear of the guard when Jesus was arrested but Jesus told Peter there is another way. We can do the same thing with a message of rebuke or warning was come out swinging and cut off the persons ear completely causing them to be deaf to our message of warning. Keep up the good work but we all need to be mindful of the spirit we operate in even if it seems like we are doing a good thing it could do more damage than good.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/8/5 21:11Profile
openairboy

Re:

To hmmhmm,

Good stuff.

2010/8/5 23:59Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

If a disciple were to shut his mouth, & keep the fire inside for the fear of man, or desiring the friendship of the wicked, he would not be a servant of God. Oh world prepare to meet thy Maker. Preach the whole counsel of God if God has called you to preach, & donot bury your "talent" in the earth. Why compromise @ the expense of your own soul & the souls of men? Be salt & light; be meek & lowly of heart.

2010/8/6 1:33Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Let's face it, as hard as things have been in America lately, with the economy. ect., we have not really seen what this brother is describing. There are some signs that seem to indicate we may be heading that way, but it seems far away. Most Americans, including Christians, live a nice cozy lifestyle compared to people in other countries. So to me, this prophecy from this brother is not something to be taken lightly, but something to take to heart as an exhortation to the overcomers and a warning to the unconverted.

You will notice he did give encouragement to the overcomers. Could it be that we are just too used to hearing mostly encouragement, and that is why we would have a problem with this kind of prophetic message. There were times when prophets in the OT and NT gave a messages that contained little or no encouragement. Just my two cents.

2010/8/6 11:09Profile
buttermilk80

Ohio

Re: Great joy in the Glory of Jesus

There are no words to thank Jesus for His love. To say He is Great seems so small a thanks. But it is the language He has seen fit to give us. Magnificant!

I posted two items yesterday without fear. But, as man is prone to do, there was an element of concern regarding how such words would be received by the leaders of Christ's Church. I am more than pleased at your response. It is a cool glass of water to a thirsty man in the desert of sin that this world has become. And we know the Soverign Lord of Glory has promised that to give even a glass of water to one of these little ones of Mine is to incur favor from the Giver of Life.

Holy Lord, how can the soul of man give thanks according to your blessings! Where can man find a deed or word to show the joy of thanks you instill? All is Yours! I thank you by saying the following: It is God's eternity that has been broken into. Sin has robbed perfection. And once robbed there is disruption. We who are bought by the blood of Your lovely Son give you what thanks we can muster. You are worthy of ALL praise, honor, glory and worship. Blessed be the Name of the Lord of Spirits! Blessed be the Name of the Lord of Life! Blessed be the Name of the Lord of All! And to the Son! And to the Spirit! May the peace from the Ancient days return to bless the Lord of Glory! May Your enemies become dust and float away. May God forever receive love and honor due Him from all who love You and seek Your will. Through the Sacrifice of the One, even Jesus the Christ of God, set apart from the foundation of the world, we give you THANKS!!!! Amen!

By His Grace.

2010/8/6 11:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy