SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Living the Christian life hurts.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
angelabrooks

Re:

jesus loves everyone if you will think wrong froh himside then it will be your bad thinking and nothing else !
love jesus ! and livivg as a chiristian hurts i dont think so !

2010/8/2 7:04Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

No One understands your hurt, your pain,
your suffering like the Savior. Have
you been forsaken by your friends??
Have you been despised and rejected by
your people?? Have you been mocked,
scorned, and ridiculed for your beliefs??
Have you been wrongly accused and tried
and sentenced to die??

JESUS WAS !!

So trust me when I tell you JESUS cares,
HE knows, and HE understands!!

2010/8/2 10:51Profile
Crux

Re:

I like to remind myself of Paul when I am being tested and persecuted and what he went through...
25Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

26In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

27In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

28Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

29Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?

30If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.

31The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

32In Damascus the governor under Aretas the king kept the city of the damascenes with a garrison, desirous to apprehend me:

33And through a window in a basket was I let down by the wall, and escaped his hands.

Yes it hurts alright, but the reward outweighs the price we must pay.
May the Lord strengthen you and pray for me also for I have been under unimaginable persecution myself and am still being persecuted.

2010/8/2 15:50Profile
Crux

Re:

I like to remind myself of Paul when I am being tested and persecuted and what he went through...
25Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

26In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

27In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

28Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

29Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?

30If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.

31The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

32In Damascus the governor under Aretas the king kept the city of the damascenes with a garrison, desirous to apprehend me:

33And through a window in a basket was I let down by the wall, and escaped his hands.

Yes it hurts alright, but the reward outweighs the price we must pay.
May the Lord strengthen you and pray for me also for I have been under unimaginable persecution myself and am still being persecuted. Oops double post sorry.

2010/8/2 15:55Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Are you a victim of emotional or physical abuse?

ginnyrose

2010/8/2 19:11Profile

Re:

Quote:
It just doesn't seem like HE loves me. Just so tired. Why did He make me this way?

What way?

Sin is usually the culprit to why we get frustrated with God.

I have said the same thing by the way. Frustration is common in the Christian life, especially if we've been indoctrinated in our beginning that we should perform a certain way and can't live up to that standard.

There is relief in seeking God, even when your not getting any answers there is a joy about seeking God a determination to go further.

My frustration with the Christian life is not God, it's me. I had a "sin repent" complex. I'd sin more times than I would repent. Sin was and still is to some degree my hindrance, my frustration.

Another frustration is "trying" to live the Christian life when were not meant to "try". We are meant to live and living is not trying. Trying is trying to obtain something that we already have, His Righteousness by faith.

What more is there if one is made totally right in the sight of God? We need to rest in that and that my friend is a very hard thing to do because our flesh demands that we do something.

2010/8/2 21:06
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

pained,
Not sure what you're going through, but I pray you don't take this the wrong way. But this is something I have learned and am still continually learning.

The Christian life is supposed to hurt!!! :) Isn't that liberating?? :) In actuality we should rejoice, because He has not left us nor forsaken us, but instead is pursuing more of us! Yet if we choose to resist, often it can hurt even more...When a child disobeys, often we have to spank him/her harder. Should our heavenly Father be any different?

Jesus learned obedience by the things He suffered (Heb 5:8). If it weren't for suffering, we wouldn't have the cross, and then therefore would not have resurrected life.

So Praise Him for the trials and afflictions He wants more of YOU!!!

All of your heart, wholly devoted unto Him, and for Him.

Hope that helps, it's a process we all go through until we leave this Earth.

I am not saying, it's always going to hurt, but we go through these things, to produce humility which in turn will produce more fruit so that we can bless others more.

Praying over this, that God will use this to help you.

If in need of anything else, please PM me! :)

Lord bless you,
Michelle

2010/8/2 22:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy