SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Compilations??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Gideons

Virginia

Compilations??

What's your favorite compilation, other than the Revival Hymnn and Freedom.

My favorite one is Signs of an Active Faith by Pastor Conlon. There are some other great ones that I enjoy but that's my favorite.

Do you have a favorite one?

2004/10/25 17:06Profile

Re: Compilations??

I really am inspired by "A Wee Story", "Jesus to the Nations", "AW Tozer Preaching", "Gods Hell", and United4Truth just finished making a compilation called "Voices Crying in the Wilderness" which is on street preaching which I'm sure will become my new favorite.

2004/10/25 18:41
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Just to clarify for people, Gideons is referring to the compilation selections found in this section on SermonIndex:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=204]Compilations[/url]

My obvious favorite is the Revival Hymn but other than that I was quite touched by these ones:

One thing you lack (compilation)
Speak To Me (compilation)

2004/10/25 18:45Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Thanks Greg. The brain is short a cylinder or two today. :)

2004/10/25 18:56Profile
Spitfire

Hi Guys. While you are on this topic of music, have any of you heard Derek Webb's (formerly of Caedman's Call, The House Show? It is so awesome. I just heard it this week-end. My son shared it with me. We definitely need to get that on SI. Check it out, Greg. You're the guru on how to make that happen. I know you will love this.

2004/10/25 19:24Profile

Brother Jess

If you liked "Wee Story", check a new comp I just sent 'bought' called "Young Donald McPhail Prays", its from a Duncan Campbell sermon, about this fire baptized 16 year old who prays in a meeting in the Hebrides revival, and the Fire FALLS.....I had presented the clip to bought without background music, and now I'm musing if I should add some. Bless God, its fun to be creative for the Kingdom.

In Him, your bro Neil

2004/10/25 21:43
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Brother Jess

Quote:
If you liked "Wee Story", check a new comp I just sent 'bought' called "Young Donald McPhail Prays", its from a Duncan Campbell sermon, about this fire baptized 16 year old who prays in a meeting in the Hebrides revival, and the Fire FALLS.....I had presented the clip to bought without background music, and now I'm musing if I should add some. Bless God, its fun to be creative for the Kingdom.

Just so others know brother Neil is referring to a site called: www.fireonthealtar.com where there are mixes of this nature, most of the ones on SermonIndex came from that site! I know the brother that runs that ministry and we have been able to partner ministries to some extent.

Brother Neil is that mix you are referring to up yet?

2004/10/25 21:50Profile

Brother Greg Gordon

I just sent the new comp to him this morning, its a wonderful story thats on a Duncan Campbell audio file that I got from ...where else?......BUT HERE!! lol

Its on the Duncan Campbell page, "Then the Fire of the Lord fell".

So many times, I've got on my knees, turned the lights out and listened to Brother Duncan, what a blessing. I live in a community much like the Hebrides...physically, but its a "new age" trip here, a lot of occultic strongholds, a lot of demonic activity, and very very post-Christian.

But I have a praise report; for the past year and a half, on the basis of Jeremiah 31 and verse 21,

"Set up road signs;
put up guide posts.

Take note of the highway,
the road that you take.

Return O Virgin Israel,
return to your towns".

I've been putting signs all along the rural highway I live on, signs that read "JESUS" or "Jesus is love", all sorts of Christ centered hand lettered signs on cardboard, put along a highway that has 20,000 motorists tooling along it everyday....its an exurban bedroom community of Los Angeles, and these signs just drive the pagans and satan worshippers wild, BLESS HIS NAME, but I do it, because a small group of us, about 5 believers have been praying for almost two years now, for God to take mercy on this hellbound community, Topanga and for the Fire of the Lord to fall. Heaven knows what these pagans think,when they see the signs (lol) but anyway, this Friday, me and my boy were driving back and right near school road I SAW IT!!!

hand lettered, long and big, stapled to an oak tree,

"JESUS LOVES YOU"

me and my boy started praising the Lord, and whooping and hollering, I'm getting happy now just thinking about it. Greg, your a Canadian...this community Topanga is a longstanding hippy town,very infamous as a Southern California hippy town and for a sign to suddenly appear that I didnt tack up is HUGE.

anyway, I just wanted to share that nugget of Holy Ghost happiness, God is so good, and this earth is such a hard place, you take your blessings wherever you can get them.

God bless you Brother,

I'm working on putting the music to the comp now.

In Him,
Neil

2004/10/25 22:27

Brother Gideons

in answer to your question, I LOVE a comp by a brother who goes uder the moniker "SMU Jesus Freak", and he did a comp called , "Hell is in a panic", that makes me laugh everytime I hear it. Ron Lewis tells how when he was a college student in NC , the Holy Ghost had him holding church on a Greyhound bus. Good stuff!!

2004/10/26 0:11
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
My favorite one is Signs of an Active Faith by Pastor Conlon. There are some other great ones that I enjoy but that's my favorite.

I'm glad you enjoyed that compilation, it's one of my favorites too, I put it together. 8-)

I was really moved by the sermon Carter Conlon preached by this title, so I took a few of the highlights and put it to the background music of the great hymn "Turn your Eyes Upon Jesus". It is a powerful sermon, you can download the whole sermon at the following link;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3070]Signs of an Active Faith[/url]

I encourage others to try their hand at creating their own compilations, it's easy and it's fun. Here is a link to a thread that Greg started with some tips for making your own compilations;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1165&forum=35&start=10&viewmode=flat&order=1]Audio Sermon Compilations[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2004/10/26 20:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy