SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Confession

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Confession

So I need to get something that has been bothering me off my chest and its something that I need to ask forgiveness for. And that is selfish ambition with involvement with this site, while checking my heart before I posted this I have thought about past post and have at times questioned my motives as to why post. There were times when I believe my intention were pure but other times when I posted merely to display my knowledge and "great" wisdom. I feel like there have been occassions where I have posted in hopes of somehow gaining everyones acceptance here rather than post in hopes of being a blessing or honoring and glorifying God. The Lord has been really dealing with my heart on reality and I hope that this post is the start of reality for me to be real even if I don't look good in that reality. I searched my heart very closely before I posted this that it wasn't out of gaining your approval but to genuinely confess and ask for forgiveness of posting with pride in my heart and hopes of sounding godly and holy.

Truth is, whatever good comes out of me isn't me at all and I am ashamed to take any credit from the Lord but that is exactly what I have done in the past not in the posting but in my heart. I would like to turn from this today and post with clear and honest intention of Glorifying God rather than glorify my intellect and flesh. I pray the Holy Spirit keeps dealing with me on this because I know the Matthew from the past and this is exactly this same stuff he would have pulled seeking high fives and kudos from men and women of high regard. If you could pray for me it would be very appreciated.

Humbly,
Matthew

2010/7/30 23:32Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Confession

God bless you, Matthew.

ginnyrose

2010/7/30 23:42Profile
learn

Hi Matthew,

My prayer is that your eyes are fixed on Jesus. That you strive to follow Him at all cost and as such all things including your selfish ambition in this site pales in comparison with wanting to follow Him. Only when are our eyes on Him, then can we let go of our own motives and flesh. In fact, I'm going to include the people that post here in this forum including myself in this prayer as well. God bless you Matthew.

2010/7/31 9:41Profile
Nellie

Re:

Matthew,
May God open up the Windows of Heaven, and pour out a
Spiritual Blessing upon all of us on SI.
And may we go forth strong in Him , and in the Power of His Might.
For it is God that worketh in us, both to will, and to do of His good Pleasure. Phi1. 2:13.
Praises to the Lamb of God.
He's just searching our hearts.
He wants us to be totally His.
Only God can accomplish this.
Thanks for posting.
God Bless all.
Nellie

2010/7/31 10:14Profile

Re:

Hey Matthew, may the lord bless you as you search your heart. Speak the truth in love at all times and let the chips fall where they may. Its not always the way to make friends and influence people, but you will walk with a clear concience. Do not suffer from paralysis of analysis that would silence you though, that would be a tactic of the enemy. I would guess that every Christian has been guilty of what you confessed and I can confess that I have also been guilty of that in the past, especially as a young Christian but also as an older Christian.

God bless you my young brother in Christ, stay close to Him and let the Lord do the rest.........brother Frank

2010/7/31 10:29
dbiser

Matthew, may God bless you for confessing so that you might be right with Him. The work of the Spirit is to make us right, and that is heart being touched to see the sin in our lives. You are being obedient in responding as you feel led for this. God honors that and we, who are flesh with you, know the weakness in our ownselves of such folly before Him. We pray for you to be clean in intent, desires, labors and thoughts. All for Him and unto Him be for His glory and honor. 'Iron sharpens iron' and these forums and discussions to much to help us. To ask, to discuss, to rebuke if necessary is to refine us to be right and live right. Take care and the Lord grant you clean hands and a pure heart for His glory.

Until,
dan

2010/7/31 10:29Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
Do not suffer from paralysis of analysis that would silence you though, that would be a tactic of the enemy.

I don't plan on it but do plan on being in more prayer before posting more that I was in the past. Currently I am reading in Job and saw the example of Elihu, silent until the Lord told him to speak or at least until it was appropriate for him to.

2010/7/31 11:03Profile
terrybob

Yorkshire, England

Dear Matthew - This little prayer from Calvary Road is my heart prayer daily, I hope it helps:

Lord, bend that proud stiff-necked I,
Help me to bow the head and die;
Beholding Him on Calvary,
Who bowed His head for me.

God bless you - Terry

2010/8/1 9:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy