SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : New Australian PM refused to take oath on Bible: 'My atheism is no threat to the church'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 New Australian PM refused to take oath on Bible: 'My atheism is no threat to the church'

CANBERRA, Australia — New Prime Minister Julia Gillard assured Australia's Christian majority on Thursday that her atheism would not affect government funding to church-run schools if she is re-elected.

Gillard, who was sworn in last month and promptly called elections, was the first prime minister in the federation's 109-year history to take an affirmation of office instead of swearing on a Bible.

While most Australians are Christian by birth, they are generally not devout and prefer to keep politics and religion separate. Politicians who talk about their Christian faith are derogatorily known as "God botherers," noted Norman Abjorensen, an Australian National University political scientist. ...

read more: http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=183010

2010/7/30 14:46Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: New Australian PM refused to take oath on Bible: 'My atheism is no threat to

How does someone lead who is not in
submission to the authority and Lordship
of GOD?? Her atheism is a threat to
the nation!!

2010/7/30 16:42Profile
paula4jc

Re:

I've not been to this site in ages, but decided to google it today. There are several post that got my attention.

I just got back from a Christian conference in Australia. That nation is a mini US i.e the world has over run the churches.

The man of God says a horrific historical earthquake tsunami coming to the nation of Australia due the false prophets, sexual sin and love of money in the churches.

The congregation made comments to the fact that the USA is the root cause of their failure because the US has exported their false prophets and teachers around the globe. How do you guys feel about that statement?

I was convicted, bless and totally transformed by the Holy Spirit and the message at the conference.

2010/8/15 10:32Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Paula

paula4jc wrote:
--------------------------------
The man of God says a horrific historical earthquake tsunami coming to the nation of Australia due the false prophets, sexual sin and love of money in the churches.

The congregation made comments to the fact that the USA is the root cause of their failure because the US has exported their false prophets and teachers around the globe. How do you guys feel about that statement?
--------------------------------

I hope you don't take my response personally toward you, because it isn't. I'm responding to your question: How do you guys feel about that statement?

I don't believe that judgment is coming because of the false prophets, God is sending judgment because of how lackadaisical the churches have become and yes, that includes sexual sins (starting with the clergy first) and the love of money (starting with the clergy first again)! Do we not understand that we produce kind after our kind????

But what got me about what you wrote was that this fellow that preached blames the false prophets and teachers for his or his country's trouble, how ironic is that?!!! Where is our faith? If there are false prophets galore then God HAS ALLOWED THEM... WHY?? Probably to provoke us to jeolousy but we can see that hasn't happened in the last 40 years; yep, lackadaisical. If 'we' don't like the false prophets, then 'we' need to be praying that God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost raise up kind after HIS Kind (i.e. true prophets) to send the false ones shamefully packing!

I'm not saying the good ole USA isn't to blame somewhat; but does Australia have the same Bible that we do? Does anyone over there read it? And/or study it? I'm sure there will be plenty of blame to go around at the Judgment Seat of Christ. I'm quite sure that America is guilty of a lot but "judgment must begin at the house of God {where ever that house is}; and if it first begin with us, what shall the end be of them who obey not the gospel of God?"

God bless you,
Lisa

2010/8/15 19:37Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: New Australian PM refused to take oath on Bible: 'My atheism is no threat to

Again, this isn't toward sojourner but toward anyone who might be upset about this...

I don't know why Christians get bent out of shape when an unbeliever gets elected to office. Throughout the Old Testement, the Israelites served under godless people and they survived or they were persecuted. Even the Hebrew Kings, when they did what was right in their own eyes, the people suffered.

This world is not our home and no one was promised a rosey walk through the garden of life. We will never have the kind of leaders we want at this late hour, how quickly the salt is running out of the top portion of the hour glass.

Comfort one another with these words: Jesus is coming soon!!

God bless you,
Lisa

2010/8/15 19:40Profile
CV

Re:

Quote:
The man of God says a horrific historical earthquake tsunami [is] coming to the nation of Australia due the false prophets, sexual sin and love of money in the churches.

Why do you treat this as if it's a quote from Jesus and Australia and USA is in the Bible. The world is under judgment and under condemnation for turning away from God. This is generally true of this world. There will be tsunami's, earthquakes, and pestilences. Many churches and believers will die as a result. But Our hope is in the God of the bible and His kingdom, not in this world.

Regarding the Prime Minister being an atheist? Our Hope is not in this world or in the political system. Yes we exercise wisdom and prudence when casting votes. As long as we are in this world, we affect the world through our obedience to Christ. But our hope and delight is in the KING OF KINGS and His kingdom.

2010/8/16 1:05Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Any righteous brethren praying for the leaders of their nations? This finger-pointing grieves my spirit.

2010/8/16 11:56Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy