SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Author Anne Rice Breaks Up With Christianity via Facebook

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

My opinion is that she's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

2010/7/30 12:22Profile
osandoval

Re: Author Anne Rice Breaks Up With Christianity via Facebook

Quote:
:"I quit being a Christian. I'm out.

Quote:
In the name of ...Christ, I quit Christianity and being Christian. Amen."

When anyone makes a statement like this, it seems clear that they are rejecting the Church of Jesus Christ altogether, His Body, and thus rejecting Him. One of the key marks of a true believer is their love of the brethren(1John 3:14)

Not only that, but they are also rejecting the Word of God as the innerrant and infallable Scriptures. The Word of God makes it clear that followers of Jesus Christ are called "Christians"(Acts 11:26; 1Pet.4:16).

So this person seems to be lost and very confused to say the least. And yes, she does need our prayers for her salvation. Definitely a wolf in sheeps clothing to me.

2010/7/30 13:00Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
"The world out there isn't waiting for a new definition of Christianity.. it is waiting for a new

Christiaan this isn't a quote from Anna but a quote from Leonard Ravenhill. :)

2010/7/30 13:15Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Brother Solomon,

I will hopefully have time to give a better reply to your rebuttle after work today... long night at work a head of me.

But you stated something that I think needs to be addressed now. You stated "Well...I do agree with that statement. However it wasn't me or Anne Rice that made it. It was made by Leonard Ravenhill. You will find it on Revival Hymnn on this site. Currently number 3 under sermon recommendations. Wow..so you also reject Ravenhill and Revival Hymnn. Wow..."

Knowing that Ravenhill or Revival Hymnn said/quoted the same thing makes no difference to me. I have the utmost respect for Ravenhill, but just because Ravenhill said something, or if the Revival Hymnn echoed something, does not mean it is to be accepted as gospel. There are so many things wrong with this statement I don't know where to begin... But to say that I reject Ravenhill and others because I disagree with a sentence or two that they wrote is just silly.

I did read what she wrote in context. I disagree with her context. If the new demonstration of Christianity is the OLD demonstration of Christianity, based on the Bible, then I am all for it. If the new demonstration of Christianity is making a god into our own image, then I against this type of demonstration.

More later... :-)

2010/7/30 14:18Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

He would work but who will get out of the way?

I do not know if Anne Rice is a "Christian" or not; only God knows that. All I will say is that I understand some of her sentiments:

"In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to be anti-life. In the name of ...Christ, I quit Christianity and being Christian. Amen"

Perhaps a new demonstration that Anne Rice is talking about is a Christian actually walking in love towards those who are without (Christ)!! Wow, what a concept!

Who was the man that got onto an elevator (said nothing) and another man riding it said (paraphrasing), confessed that he was a sinner? He was convicted by the mere presence of a man of God. [b]We don't let the Holy Ghost do that today with people, it's like we don't trust Him to do the job right in a person's life!![/b]

If we just got busy ministering to people's needs, kept our mouths shut while doing it and let the Holy Spirit work on them; if I were a betting woman, I'd say we'd be much further along than we are now (the church). Again, just my opinion!!

God bless us all,
Lysa

2010/7/30 15:57Profile
learn

Re: He would work but who will get out of the way?

I've read Anne Rice's books before. Reading the books (especially 1 of them), you will not believe that she is a genuine Christian at all. Also, I've read before she supported certain things/person that is so not in line with true Christianity. I've also 'followed' her goings-on on and off before.

So just, don't read her reasonings for why she renounce Christianity now and think that maybe she could be a real Christian. Read her life over the years, her books etc and you will get a better picture.

Post edited

2010/7/30 16:09Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Author Anne Rice Breaks Up With Christianity via Facebook

"I refuse to be anti..."

But the world is anti-Christ. And many words of the Bible which testify of it are being crammed to the full.

And the beast is baring its fangs.

2010/7/30 18:02Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Sadly, her loss is Hell's gain.

:-\

I will continue to pray for this woman.

2010/7/30 18:15Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Matthew 12:34 "....For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks."

We need to be in prayer for Ms.Rice that a change of heart takes place in her.

2010/7/30 19:02Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

She did not renounced Jesus

I would never recommend someone to read Anne Rice's novels, not b/c I think she renounced Christianity (which she didn't if you could see beyond your noses) but I would never recommend them b/c they are fantasy novels and I cannot in good conscience recommend any Christian to read novels like that. And before she became a Christian, she did some wild writing that should not be talked about.

But what I think is really sad is that someone must at least defend her statement from all you "christians" who are taking pot shots at her "ONE" comment and she is not even here to defend herself. Pathic and you call yourselves Godly men.

Here is one from her site from yesterday:

"My conversion from a pessimistic atheist lost in a world I didn't understand, to an optimistic believer in a universe created and sustained by a loving God is crucial to me. But following Christ does not mean following His followers. Christ is infinitely more important than Christianity and always will be, no matter what Christianity is, has been, or might become."

And I can't find anything really wrong with this but of course sadly, you guys probably will.

God help us all,
Lysa

2010/7/30 19:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy