SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Feminism Of AG and Foursquare Churches

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
I have seen females serve as pastors...but I am convinced it was because some guy was a spiritual slacker and had not stepped into his calling. In essence the female pastor was not God's best

I was in agreement with you up until this point, the female pastor was "God's best", why? because she was obedient to the call of the Lord. We must also keep into account that God establishes all Authority this includes Government and Spiritual Leaders and are therefore are God's best.

2010/7/26 10:41Profile
RainMan

Re:

Galatians 3:28 (New International Version)

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Please hear me out, i employ you before you burn me at the stake for having such foolish notions to indulge me in my folly for a few seconds.

1. What if women being subject to men was a result of mans fall in the garden or eden.

2. What if God set about a plan to restore mankind.

3. What if in this kingdom thier was no longer marriage and gender.

4. What if a couple of women in the early church misunderstood eschatology and refused to marry and saw themselves already in a glorified state

5 what if paul in his epistles for the sake of the church spoke specifically to churches to address this wrong attitude.

6 what if Paul thought gal 3:18

7 what if being filled with the Holy Spirit we are supposed to experience a taste of heaven on earth now.

8 What if in Christ there was no master and slave or male of female as the love of Christ would remove these boundaries.

Maybe paul was addressing specific issues at the time in certain churches. Im sure Paul uses terms that denote leadership of fellowship when referring to some females in his epistle (Im sure the more studious in greek many provide this information)

If Paul makes any reference in the greek to female leadership when speaking of certain women then advises subjectivity on the other hand we have to process all the available information as a whole and not just look at one side of the equation.

This is just my personal observation and maybe just my experience but every church bible study i have been too has had more women than men. If the people in a church that are hungriest for god happen to be women should the spirit use a "spiritual babe" man instead just because he is a man?

It reminds be of the age old speaking in tongues debacle, just because some denomination(corinth-like) has gone into excess do we dismiss tongues entirely. Same with us all being the same in Christ issues of excess had to be addressed but like tongues which paul wasnt advocating total eradication women do have 100% equality in Christ but the application is a very hard eschatological issue Paul addressed and many may misunderstand what he was saying. Same with the issue of slavery.

2010/7/26 11:37Profile

Re: Feminism Of AG and Foursquare Churches

There is not one example of a female ordained as an elder in the New Testament. In issues of authority , it is forbidden that they speak at all.
I think it has been a matter of humanism [ which includes feminism ] that has been leavened into our ideology and doctrine; rather than adhering to the simple word of God.
When I think of Jezebel, I think of one besmirching the fatherhood of God. It seems that today, in many main line churches, the husband and wife team, and the Pastorette are in vogue. I wish it were just confined to the AG, and Foursquare alone, but is literally a movement.
I have never witnessed, not one time, a church where there was a woman in leadership where there was not error. Some of it roots from that ancient battle of the sexes,I'm sure,where Adam ruled over Eve's ambition.
My counsel is where you see this happening or beginning to occur, leave. It will lead to confusion and strife. Find a place that is Bible believing and has the fruits of the Spirit. [ there will be flaws..], and don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Sisters in Christ have ministies and gifts too, as much as men; just not leadership callings.

2010/7/26 12:13
RainMan

Re:

Watch this!! Watch This !!

Acts 2:17-18 (New International Version)

17" 'In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
18Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.

Galatians 3:26-29 (New International Version)

26You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Acts 18:24-26 (New International Version)

24Meanwhile a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was a learned man, with a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures. 25 He had been instructed in the way of the Lord, and he spoke with great fervor[a] and taught about Jesus accurately, though he knew only the baptism of John. 26 He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately.

Conclusion

If women should not speak how are they supposed to prophesy? Is the scripture contradicting? Why did God promise that women would prophesy if they are not even allowed to speak?

2010/7/26 12:45Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Feminism Of AG and Foursquare Churches

There is a wonderful but vastly neglected biblical teaching ministry for women.

Titus 2
3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4That they may TEACH the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Anybody sulking ?

2010/7/26 12:48Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
If women should not speak how are they supposed to prophesy? Is the scripture contradicting? Why did God promise that women would prophesy if they are not even allowed to speak?

Come now rainman didn't you know there was a spiritual gift of Pantamiming that women operated in? :) Sorry couldn't resist. :)

2010/7/26 12:48Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

breakdown of your points Rainman

#1. Not talking about teaching. Prophesy is not the same as teaching.

#2. Heirs to the Kingdom. Enterance into the Kingdom is not based on male/female, Jew or Greek. Only based off of Christ. Again, not talking about teaching.

#3. Priscilla and Aquilla. No reference made if one of these two people were female. For all we know, Priscilla and Aquilla are two brothers living in the same house.

(Personal opinion noted here... If you know families with a lot of children, sometimes they will name siblings very similar names. Not many folks marry people with similar names. Stating my opinion only).

No teaching included with females in the verses that you stated. I do agree with the teaching that is set in place with other women and children, as has been stated.

Blessings!

2010/7/26 13:46Profile

Re: Barefoot and Pregnant ("Did I say that out loud?")

"There is a wonderful but vastly neglected biblical teaching ministry for women."

One has to wonder why this wonderful, biblical teaching ministry for women is neglected.

Maybe it's because men are in charge, and don't encourage gifted women to step forward. And if women are forbidden to speak in the church, when would their giftedness have the opportunity to be seen or discerned by the men?

About the question, "Anybody sulking?"

Speaking as a man, I find this remark insulting and seems to me intended to injure. It illustrates the stereotype of the "emotional woman."

Remember: "The site moderators ask you before you post that you consider praying and ask the Lord if you have the right spirit to serve others in the body of Christ before posting and pressing the submit button."

Here is some important evidence from Acts.

"Leaving the next day, we reached Caesarea and stayed at the house of Philip the evangelist, one of the Seven. He had four unmarried daughters who prophesied." (Acts 21:8-9)

I have found that speaking the actual word of the Lord in the first person takes more authority, courage--and just plain nerve--than teaching. But this thread is not about cessationism.

There have always been smaller Christian groups that were open to the ministry of women. These smaller groups have always been criticized, sometimes persecuted, by the larger, male-dominated hierarchies.

Thankfully, God has always made sure that there is a place for gifted women to minister without the active interference of certain kinds of men.

Jesus said, "Whoever is not against us is for us." I believe the men in male-dominated hierarchies need to take heed and leave the smaller groups alone. If you want to be with men who don't want to encourage or tolerate women in ministry, that's your choice.

2010/7/26 16:16
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: narrowpath

narrowpath wrote:

Quote:
Anybody sulking ?

That response right there is not of God, it's pride in it's purity toward the opposite sex.

And in case you were going to ask... no, I'm not sulking because I do everything you mentioned in Titus 2.3-5 and I love it!

God bless,
Lysa

2010/7/26 16:29Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Anybody sulking ?

Dear Lysa, RonaldGoetz and everybody else

Quote:
Anybody sulking ?

You got me, I agree, sorry, that comment was out of place, and I had not prayed, forgive me please.

2010/7/26 18:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy