SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Finally, entering into the forums.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DJSavage

BC, Canada

Finally, entering into the forums.

Hello all,

I've been frequenting Sermon Index for a long time now, ever since someone showed me the "Revival Hymn" back in Summer '06 (after about a year of being saved). Since then it has been such a blessing. Listened to a lot of Ravenhill mainly, been inspired, checked out the books he's recommended ("Power through Prayer, David Brainerd etc.") and I guess have a lot to owe to that little, half hour compilation of Revival speakers.

I registered a while ago, but for some reason never got to posting in the forum. I figure it's about time.

So, all in all, I'm glad to finally break into this wonderful gathering of saints, and pray God would use you all mightily.

2010/7/23 10:19Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Finally, entering into the forums.

Welcome aboard fellow BC'er :o) May the Lord Christ Jesus manifest Himself to you more & more as you abide in Him. I feel compelled to mention here 1 thing b4 I depart - the most blessed sermon I've come across on this website (that has spoken & stirred my heart, increasing my faith in Christ; not that I now object to any other ones) in 5 years has been Colin Peckham's "audiosermon" on Deliverance in Romans 6. I hope ye may have time to have a listen & be refreshed in Him.

2010/7/23 12:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

Welcome to the forums! What part of BC are you from?

2010/7/23 12:33Profile
DJSavage

BC, Canada

Re:

Kamloops. Grew up in Ashcroft (18 years) and moved to Kamloops for university, where Jesus saved me through the campus church near the end of my first year. Been here six years now, continually growing in grace and knowledge of Him.

A pleasure to meet others throughout BC on fire for the Lord.

And I'll definitely check out that sermon, Yeshuasboy. Thank you.

2010/7/23 13:02Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Finally, entering into the forums.

So glad you jumped in DJSavage. It is a great place to fellowship and learn. Welcome.

2010/7/23 13:19Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Kamloops, lol. I just moved from there a year ago. I used to attend bible studies @ TRU with Narayan Mitra who is one of the chaplains there. Lord willing, I may move back there one day; lived in Lower Sahali. My name's Richie. It's a pleasure to meet you. There's some beautiful Godly music that you may enjoy @ christourlife.ca. I believe Greg has put some here as well in the "Godly Music" category.

2010/7/23 14:20Profile
DJSavage

BC, Canada

Re:

Thank you for your kindness Richie. My name's Dustin. I used to live in Lower Sahali as well, then Upper. Now since getting married I'm in lower Aberdeen (which is the same elevation as Upper Sahali. Ah the pleasures of living in a "city on a hill").

I've talked to Narayan a few times, though never been to his studies. He means well, but the trouble with a being a campus chaplain is you have to represent every faith equally.

Trying to get on with the Campus newspaper as well to write a weekly column on Christianity, and how to stay as an example for Christ while attending. Sadly, most college students fall away from their faith their first year away.

If you were attending the university you probably heard of the Church I'm a part of, the 12 Stones Chapel. We're still here, and have grown to be an influence in the city, even though we're still small in terms of numbers. But we know numbers mean nothing when doing the will of God.

2010/7/23 14:38Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Yes, I've heard of the church you attend; I've seen little signs about it mentioning services in the CAC bldg if I remember correctly. I'm glad to hear that one is spreading their Godly influence. Would be nice to hear someone using that campus radio for the glory of God too one day. Anyways, again, it is nice to meet you on this most wonderful website Dustin.

2010/7/24 3:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy