Discussion Forum : General Topics : prophetic music

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Andy,

These things happen in trying to give expression to our thoughts through this medium. Things can get misconstrued or misunderstood often times and can take some adjustments and corrections to clarify. As you also did.

So with that in mind...

Quote:
let me clarify one thing, my frustration in my original post was not with anyone person but with a tone taken against anything that might be contrewd as "charasmatic"

There are many here who are of the opinion, if I dare postulate that don't fit into any particular 'camp' and I believe that is wonderful...beyond 'non-denominational' which seems to have it's own particular set of ideals anymore. How about '[b]no[/b]-denominational? What I mean is though we may 'belong' to a particular 'heading' because that just happens to be the name on the marquee so to speak, in thought and practice, at the core just seeking to worship the Lord in Spirit and truth.

Not anti-charismatic, but anti-frivolity. At times some of us may be a bit over protective in our erring on the side of caution (I know I am being redundant) but having come from the other side of liberality personally...well, you get the idea.

Guess what I am finding interesting is that this really is something that is being labeled as such; "Prophetic Worship" as in another 'style' of music that you can purchase? Guess I am not surprised by that it just seems so gimmicky.

Quote:
As we allow Christ in us to come out more and more, i believe we will come to a place where our entire day is nothing less than a prophetic worshipping act to our Lord.

Amen! This is something that has been really pressing me of late and am finding that even in the focused prayer times are consumed largely with just worship as well as spontaneous outbursts of joy and thanks giving to the Lord throughout the day...for all things!

2004/10/26 9:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy