SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : the New vs. Old covenant

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
truthseer

arkansas

the New vs. Old covenant

I am trying to give an intelligent reply to this persons statement on the new and old covenants being so similar ,except in there forms.The old covenant was a foreshadow of the new covenant.It also prophesied of the Savior coming to earth to atone for our sins. It says in the book of Hebrews that God had done away with the old.When we try to mix the two very different covenants,we wind up with a form of Galatianism every time. The old shows us our sinfulness,like a mirror shows us how we really look, when we look into it. That is all the old covenant can do is show us our weakness. I thank God that I am not under the old covenant.It was completly done away with when Christ died. There was a great earthquake ,and the veil on the temple,(where Gods presence was, had been rent from top to bottom).Gods presence left the mercy seat of the Ark of the covenant and went back into heaven. And because of the new covenant that was forever sealed in the blood of Christ, The presence of the ALMIGHTY GOD was poured out on the day of pentacost. All that to say this : WE ARE UNDER A FAR BETTER AND GLORIOUS COVENANT. In the old I could have not been saved ,because I am not jewish. In the new covenant it is available to whosoever wills.It does not matter your nationality,skin color,age,or previous religous affiliation. Thank God it is by grace that we are saved. In the old only the high-priest could enter into Gods presence. Because of the Lamb of God any born-again believer can have the Holy Spirit of God come into their heart.We have a greater privilidge than the old testament priests who came into the presence of God. We are living habitations for Gods presence to live in. In the new covenant we have healing for our spirits,souls,and bodies because of what our Lord Jesus did. In the new He takes out of you the hard heart corrupted by sin ,and gives you a new one,in which He can write His will on. The list goes on and on , about the better covenant we have because of the blood of Christ. Don't try to mix the two covenants,it will only lead to confusion. The books of Romans,Hebrews, etc.etc,. thoroughly explain the gospel. God invested the best seed in the universe when He sent His only begotten Son,Jesus Christ into this world to live,and show us how to live, and to die for us on calvaries cross, that we might have eternal life. Take the time to get to know this wonderful Savior I am speaking of. Spend hours with Him who wrote this world, our history, and all the universe with just a spoken word. The Ancient of days and His Son,Jesus Christ will never disappoint you.Most of our disappointments come from not spending enough time with Him,and not reading His word. Invest your life in Him, and let His word live in your heart.His presence will give you the rest,peace,love,and joy you need to be the overcomer He is calling you to be. His amazing grace is truly amazing. There is nothing impossible for our God. I know, I am one who has been eternally changed by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!

2010/7/22 1:13Profile
rookie

Re: the New vs. Old covenant

truthseer wrote:

Quote:
Spend hours with Him who wrote this world, our history, and all the universe with just a spoken word. The Ancient of days and His Son,Jesus Christ will never disappoint you.Most of our disappointments come from not spending enough time with Him,and not reading His word. Invest your life in Him, and let His word live in your heart.His presence will give you the rest,peace,love,and joy you need to be the overcomer He is calling you to be. His amazing grace is truly amazing. There is nothing impossible for our God. I know, I am one who has been eternally changed by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!

This is all that matters in this world.

In Christ
Jeff

2010/7/22 6:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy