SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Believer or disciple???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Chicku

Bangalore

Believer or disciple???

Mathew 16:24

“Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.”

“Jesus said to his disciples…” to deny himself and take up the cross and follow Him. Jesus called us to be his disciples and not just believers. Even in the Great Commission Jesus says “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations…” and not believers… But we all prefer to be believers than being his disciples… because we think it is safe.

To be his disciples we need to:-

1.Deny ourselves
What does it mean by saying denying yourself? Let us take the example of Peter denying God. What did he say??? In Luke 22:57 it says, “But he denied it. "Woman, I don't know him," he said.”
So denying yourself means saying “I don’t know who I am.” And you’re no one to decide upon yourself but only Jesus.

2.Take up the Cross
Now what does this taking up the Cross mean??? It means death. Once you take up the cross, you will not come back, which means death.

Who ever took up the cross knew it… that they were going to die and will not come back.

Do you really mean this when you say taking up the cross??? And are you really ready to follow Jesus by denying yourself???

Jesus is calling… You to be his Disciple… and not just a believer….. Are you willing to take up the Cross and deny yourself and follow him???

Jesus loves you more than anyone...

2010/7/19 3:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy