Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Christ In You

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christ In You

And the secret is simply this: Christ in you! ... So, naturally, we proclaim Christ! We warn everyone we meet, and we teach everyone we can, all that we know about Him, so that if possible, we may bring everyone up to full maturity in Christ. - Col. 1:27,28 (Phillips)

Is that not Christianity brothers and sisters. "Christ in you" to live the Christian life is impossible without the Holy Spirit of God.

2010/7/18 23:17Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Christ In You

Amen!!!

2010/7/18 23:43Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

This was in my email this morning from a sister. It's not today's but it goes along well with your post.

Imagination v. Inspiration
“The simplicity that is in Christ.” 2 Cor. 11:3
Simplicity is the secret of seeing things clearly. A saint does not think
clearly for a long while, but a saint ought to see clearly without difficulty.
You cannot think a spiritual muddle clear, you have to obey it clear.
In intellectual matters you can think things out, but in spiritual matters
you will think yourself into cotton wool. If there is something upon which
God has put His pressure, obey in that matter, bring your imagination
into captivity to the obedience of Christ with regard to it and everything
will become as clear as daylight. The reasoning capacity comes after wards,
but we never see along that line, we see like children; when we try to be
wise we see nothing. (Matt. 11:25)
The tiniest thing we allow in our lives that is not under the control of the
Holy Spirit is quite sufficient to account for spiritual muddle, and all the
thinking we like to spend on it will never make it clear. Spiritual muddle
is only made plain by obedience. Immediately we obey, we discern.
This is humiliating, because when we are muddled we know the reason
is in the temper of our mind. When the natural power of vision is devoted
to the Holy Spirit, it becomes the power of perceiving God's will and the
whole life is kept in simplicity.”
~Oswald Chambers My Utmost For His Highest

2010/7/19 10:08Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Christ In You

I will share with you a wonderful secret;
so simple in its truth, yet so profound
it will change your world: Make Jesus
Christ your hope, your joy, your life,
your peace, your strength, your wisdom.
HE will be all you allow HIM to be,
everything you desire HIM to be!!

F.B. MEYER

2010/7/19 12:06Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hi Greg;

Please tell me that you are not making the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ.

Quote; "Is that not Christianity brothers and sisters. "Christ in you" to live the Christian life is impossible without the Holy Spirit of God."

Even though the Spirit of God is One Spirit, Christ is the Seed of the Father, the Holy Spirit is the giver of that Seed to the Believer, just as with Mary.

Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

Amen: Phillip

2010/7/19 21:40Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

I was looking over Christ Our Life's website and came across this message. Thought it to be very fitting for this topic as well.

Lord bless, Michelle

http://www.christourlife.ca/Sermons/2010/2010-07/10-07-02%20(1)%20Simplicity%20Of%20Christ.mp3

2010/7/19 22:11Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Perhaps I am ignorant, but why does that verse say christ in you?

If we are in Christ, and the Holy Spirit is within us, then why does it say Christ in you?

2010/7/19 23:01Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

because the hope is to conform Christ in us...ah hah

never mind

This is why Zac Poonen says, "Read scripture carefully."

2010/7/19 23:05Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

2Cr 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1Jo 3:24 ¶ And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.

2Cr 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

My personal belief it that finite man cannot figure out and infinite God. He is past figuring out. We need to just rejoice that He choose to dwell in these unworthy vessels and accomplish His plans and purposes through us. All glory to you Lord. Have your way.

2010/7/20 0:38Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

It takes a Father to give birth, that is spiritually our Father who art in Heaven. The Father's Seed is the life. Our Father's Seed is the Word of God Himself, Jesus Christ. He is the One that is rebirthed in us. That is why we are as no other creature.

Ro 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Ro 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Ro 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Ga 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

This could not happen until His promise was fulfilled.
John 14:18-20 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

New Birth, The Christ Seed birthed in you the Hope of Glory.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The Seed Jesus Christ doing the work the Father gave Him to do, baptizing us into the Holy Spirit that He will teach us all things Christ has said and even reveal things we don't understand.

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

He is our perfection, the only Glory we have and still Our Father calls us son's of God Co-heirs with Christ our Brother and Lord and Savior and Life in Him.

In Christ: Phillip

2010/7/20 2:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy