SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : prayer for bible study

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

prayer for bible study

My work asked me to do another bible study this week and tommorow will be the day and i need prayer for strength and courage and that the Lord speaks through me. Last week everyone was telling me how good i did and that i was great and i started to grow pride a little in my heart. I really believe this is God's will because i prayed so much before i even got this job for God to lead me and i really didn't push the bible study they asked me to do it and last week i spoke the truth of the gospel and i thought people were going to be upset or not like what i said but they liked it and most of them our catholics, i didn't know how to react to people complimenting me and i have tried to ignore it because i want them to come to know God and God to get the glory. Please pray for me for this, i have also had terrible thoughts in my heart and mind the past few days, i think have hatred in my heart, please pray that God works in me to love the people and not be prideful with my words, but to be humble and just speak his word. thank you so much

2010/7/13 19:07Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: prayer for bible study

I know what you are talking about, keep that mindset its very important because God gives grace to the Humble but opposes the proud. I had that same problem until I was corrected by the full Gospel. I play piano on the praise team at my church and over the years have improved there are some that come up to me and tell me how good I play, the same thing happens when I preach, I have let pride sometimes slip and it only does me damage. Something that I have kept in mind is that the people that complimenting me aren't trying to puff up my pride but are just trying to be polite its my wicked heart and selfishness that is the culprite.

What I have done is simply tell people that I am nothing without Christ and to give Him the praise but even that kind of compliment can come with false humility. Something that I have sought after is a sermon on the mount lifestyle and guess who is first :) The Poor in Spirit. I try and ask God to keep me humble in what I do and it seems to help.

Knowing that Christ Jesus is my goal has helped me a lot as well while I know that God loves me the way I am, I know that my goal is to be like Him and I know that I am quite far away from that goal but even in this I am learning not to dispair because God doesn't leave work undone but finishes it to completeness. :)

I will pray that God uses you mightly but all at the same time keeps that Humble Mindset in your heart.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/7/13 19:24Profile
JoanM

Re: prayer for bible study

I pray Matthew, that when you are gathered together to study His Word, that you discern the body of Christ there and that others do also.

2010/7/13 21:07Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Thank you for your prayers and words i really appreciate you all for that. I did the study and they asked me to do it every wednesday for now on, they do like me a lot and we even had a small question and answer session with one of the care givers telling me she wants to know more about God. They also will be allowing me to play a teaching video whenever i want, i do have washer, sproul, ravenhill, and hovind videos so i hope they can be useful, just keep in prayer and thank you again so much.

2010/7/14 18:09Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

i am actually thinking about stop doing this bible study at my work. The job itself is becoming too much for me and i would rather find a job that wasn't so hard. Also my walk with the Lord is hypocritical, i am not even believing what i preach or walking what i preach. I am struggling in my walk completely with the Lord. I am even doubting the existence of God and the holy scriptutres themselves, being blinded buy the enemy, you know it would be easier if God answered my prayer for my deliverance, i could care less about this study or being a preacher, i just want to be set free from all this, i want to walk with God that is it. I didn't go to church because i am sickj of going the way i feel, singing songs that i don't mean, coming when i don't really want to go. I shouldn't go to church because i feel like i have to, i should want to go, i mean i want to go but when your church really is not a refuge to getting helped by any brothers and sisters in the Lord it gives me no desire to tell or ask anyone anything about my problems.

2010/8/1 12:17Profile
dougm1955

Black Mountain,N.C

Re: 1:11 am mon.

Dude im puttn some serious prayer on u this morn .

2010/8/2 1:11Profile
learn

Re:

Bible4life,

I do not know what's the best decision for you on the biblestudy etc, but do know that I've prayed and will continue to pray for you when I am able to.

Also, just want to add, there are times when its very difficult to walk with God, but these are especially the times when we have to make a conscious decision to follow God, to set some time aside to read the bible, to pray even when we don't feel like it or feel even worse initially. The Christian life is one of persevering.

Acts 14:22
Strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying that through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God

Know this, that every word of the bible is true. Learn to claim the promises of God especially Isaiah 55, 56 that if we bind ourselves to Him, to serve Him, we will be saved. When we are in a very dry place, when we are in doubt of our own salvation, then DETERMINE to trust the bible, claim God's promises because He delights in it. You have experienced God before several years ago--that's what make you yearn for him through these difficult few years.

So far, you may not be able to see it, but to me at least, I do think that you are saved seeing your struggles as you post them here. An unsaved person is more likely to have long given up yearning for God as they have never experienced Him. You need to start being more diligent in seeking GOd through prayer and reading the bible and focusing on God. When the going gets tough, then even greater effort and determination must be put to oversee this period. Don't say that you have done all this so much--that's focusing on your problems. Rather say, you have to do even more and focus even more on Jesus--that's looking towards the solution.

When a car is going uphill, more oil needs to be applied than when it is on a flat road. So is it when spiritual dryness occur.

2010/8/3 11:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy