SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : True Spiritual Grit In Prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

True Spiritual Grit In Prayer

I transcribed this from a tape I was listening to on prayer. It is excellent..God help us have true grit spiritually today!

The minister was speaking along the lines of enduring hardness and tough times. He observed that those he had seen endure little in the natural often could endure little in spiritual matters and gave up. He related several first hand accounts of folks just pressing on in the natural during very hard times in the great depression and then doing the same in the spiritual.

The following is taken verbatim from the message tape...I was actually in this service as well....

Begin Quote

"Physically, mentaly, and spiritually they were a different breed because of the things they endured and pressed on through. It's not good to have it to easy spiritually. Somebody always having people pray FOR them and not for themselves, exercisng their faith FOR them, everything just going easy..money just rolling in..that's not good. When those folks run up against hard times, because sooner or later you will run up against some hard times. If you haven't run up against any hard times you haven't gone far yet.

I don't know where in the world some of these so called "faith people" got some of these fantastic ideas they have. It's nothing in the world but mental fantasies. They think they are just going to float through life on a cloud. Float down the stream of time on flowery beds of ease. Well...you will soon find out dear brother it's different...some of you students get out pastoring a church and you will soon find out your not floating down a stream on a flowery bed of ease. Somebody will remove all the ease there is about you! Crisis comes to us all.

I want to toughen you up bless god! Get you ready to win when in a spiritual battle. Amen. Tough times will surely come-but you can be prepared bless God! Some things you must just pray through. Stay right in there until you pray them through. Don't quit. Don't quit or faint but endure and keep pressing on with the Lord.

End Quote

Kenneth Hagin Sr.
Fall Bible Seminar
Nov 14, 1986

2010/7/13 12:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy