SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why I still Use the KJV1611 Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Why I still Use the KJV1611 Bible

Some one asked why any one would still use the Old KJV1611 Bible and I find myself happy this day to answer that question in my own words. Before I went in the U.S.Navy in 1956 I spent the Christmas of 1955 at home with my family. My Mother gave me a King James 1611 Bible with my name embossed on the cover, it had the words of Jesus Christ in Red Letters and a zipper binder. When I got saved in 1983 I began to read that old black book, my sorrows melted away, I had a new song in my heart, a new book with pages yet unread! I read, I studied, I memorized and for a long time I wept over the wasted years that I had spent in vanity and pride. My love of poetry carried over to the Old Book with the Thees and the Thous and I marveled at the majesty of the old English! I began to go to Nursing Homes and passed out gospel tracts to people everywhere on the streets of the USA and Canada, I led my wife,my son and 2 daughters to the Lord that first year. I was a Babe in Christ and didn't know a lot, but I knew that when I got to Heaven I wanted to see lots of people that I knew there. I am 72 years old and I still see people on the street and say "How is the Lord treating you?" Once in 1993 I did that on a street and the man broke down and wept...I later led him to Christ. I have prayed with people on their deathbed, led folks to the Lord in their 70s. 80s and one in her 90s in 2005. All I am is a witness at a wedding, I stand and behold the marvelous works of the Almighty God. I said all this to say that I still read the KJV1611 Bible because "I love to tell the story of unseen things above, of Jesus and His glory, of Jesus and His love." But that's just me. Doug Lamb www.lastrump.org

2010/7/12 9:00
Nellie

Re: Why I still Use the KJV161 Bible

This is Beautiful!
It was a Blessing to me.
Thanks for sharing.
God is so Faithful.
God Bless you and yours.
Nellie

2010/7/12 12:11Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Good to hear but I doubt that you are using the 1611 version of the King James Version. You are almost certainly using the 1769 version. The 1611 version would be so archaic that it would be very difficult to understand easily.
;-)

2010/7/13 4:09Profile

Re:

That is all very edifying, but the Bible which is on the desk in front of me is called the 1611 version! (I still have it since 1955) Only in the last 50 years did Godless depraved men start quibbling over "gnats and swallowing camels." (Matthew 23:24) My Bible has no copyright, it is in the public domain..Who wrote your book? and who copyrighted it? Doug Lamb John 12:48

2010/7/13 7:43
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
Only in the last 50 years did Godless depraved men start quibbling over "gnats and swallowing camels." (Matthew 23:24) My Bible has no copyright, it is in the public domain..Who wrote your book? and who copyrighted it? Doug Lamb John 12:48

God wrote my book. As far as the copyright goes, the KJV used to have one too. I hope this isn't more KJV only, Ruckmanite thinking in the boiler.

2010/7/13 10:51Profile
mielle

Beautiful indeed!

many blessings to you

2010/7/13 11:07Profile

Re:

No! Ruckman believes that Abraham was saved by faith"plus" works, He believes in a "secret" pre tribulation rapture and that a baby is not a person until he breathes his first breathe! (I believe none of that!) So I would consider it an act of Christian charity if you would not lump me in with others, because you have a preset judgemental attitude toward anyone who has a "solid" belief' in the word of God! Now without the word of God there is no new birth, you can't have it both ways! "Being born again by the Word of God "which liveth and abideth forever." 1 Peter 1:23-25 Now in the garden of Eden, Eve was presented with 2 views of the Bible...a Choice! "Yea, hath God said?" By the way I was reading the KJV1611 Bible in 1944, 5 years before PSR got saved and 15-25 years before anyone ever heard of Pete Ruckman! Doug Lamb

2010/7/13 11:23

Re:

Reply to Osama; I should been a little clearer on the birth of a child! Some believe that a child doesn't "exist" until the actual birth(the cry) some believe at the "quickening" (baby flutters) or as I do at the moment of inception when the ingredients begin to form. See Psalm 139:13-16 God also knew Jeremiah 1:5 in the womb.and also called Isaiah from the womb(Isa.49:1) and the Apostle Paul (Gal.1:15) He knew Tamar's twins in the womb and fooled the midwife with the scarlet thread (Gen. 38:27) and Rebekah's twins/2 nations in the womb. (Gen.25:23) I have every confidence that a God that can create the Earth in 7 days, make a man from the dust of the Earth, part the Red Sea and cause a Virgin to bear a Son, have that Son (with God's blood in His veins/Acts 20:28) have the Son of God in the fiery furnace (Prior to the birth, in Daniel 3:25.) after His incarnation as God manifest in the flesh...John 1:14/1 Timothy 3:16/2 John 7... He died on the Cross of Calvary(My Bible still has "Calvary" in Luke 23:33) He descends into Hell preaches to souls in prison and then on the 3rd Day..."Up from the ground He arose with a mighty triumph o'er His Foes." In reflecting on all that; I think he can preserve His words intact for these "Last Days! Tractsman P.S. I have a slight cloudiness in my right eye, i worked in an Automobile factory for 25 years,some fumes contained sulfuric acid and in 1965 on my first day in the building (Number 7) I got burns on my eyes. So please forgive me, if I omit words, etc.

2010/7/13 13:07
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Hi there

Quote:
My Bible has no copyright, it is in the public domain.

technically the KJV is Crown Property but I'm sure her majesty won't quibble. Here is an image of the 1611 version for you...

http://www.bible.ca/kjv-1611-version-margin-notes-matthew-13-1-29.jpg

the KJV is still my version of choice too.

2010/7/13 13:14Profile

Re:

Thanks....I will have to hunt for where to click on the image! (Vision problems) I call my Bible the KJV1611 Bible and always have, I didn't know until the early 1960's that there was any such thing as another version! I bought an RSV in 1982 and studied with it for about a week or two and I noticed, because my King James Bible had Red Letters that they were leaving out the Lord's words.... Matthew 18:11; says I quote; "For the Son of man is came to save that which was lost." Gone out of the new "books." I threw the $12 New Testament in the trash! I heard J.Vernon McGee say in 1990 that they made "good doorstops." I am Scotch-Irish...I wish that I had known about that doorstop thing in 1982, DGL

2010/7/13 13:58

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy