SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mark Driscoll: A Continuing Saga in the Emergent Church Movement!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
learjet

Re:

Quote:
CRUCIFY HIM!!!!

CRUCIFY HIM!!!!

CRUCIFY HIM!!!!

feels good, doesnt that?

LOL, Neil, that's kind of what I was thinking. I'm not a big Driscoll fan but what is up with this? Certainly didn't like his rebuke to the whole nation of England but I think this thread is a little over the top.

If you selectively quoted me I'm sure it would be much worse (guaranteed).

Peace my brothers and sisters!

2012/2/1 21:09Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I think we have lots bigger fish to fry. that is doing lots more damage to Gods kingdom, but some are like vultures just sitting and waiting. If we could all just see past that log in our eye a lot of folks might not look so bad.

2012/2/1 22:17Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

"Crucify him" - Really?
So, a man wants to start up his own church. He needs a sound system so he goes and rips off some speakers.... Doesn't sound like that man's converted to me.
Now, when did his conversion experience take place? When did he deny himself completely and take up his cross? If he hasn't the man is still unconverted.
The biggest thing happenin in North America the past 30 yrs or so is still happenin today - we have carnal pastors preaching the word of God. So, if carnal, they aren't sent by God, they are sent by other means.
Men like Keith Daniel and Paris Reidhead for years have said that they have many a time come across ministers, pastors, elders and tachers that have discovered they weren't even born-again.
Why 'crucify him' or laugh with such a remark as this? Do you not tremble at such a thought as being carnal, knowing even as much Scripture as a pharisee, and in the end God says, "Depart ye cursed! I never knew you"?
I hope to God that this man and some of you here come to your senses one day before it is too late. I hope this man has been finally converted, or if not, is on the prodigal's road going back to the Father.
Whatever happened to "Preach the Word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine"?
But, nay, "For the time will come when they will not eendure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned into fables. (2Timothy 4:2-4)"
Can the Lord not keep a man from evil?
Should carnal men have free course and go unchallenged by the saints? Oh, what a judgment of God is upon our western nations!
"Don't judge, don't judge!" Peter was converted and made a mistake siding with the jews because of his fear of them, and Paul boldly rebuked him for such a thing. How much more should a man be rebuked that is unconverted and has a false heart and doesn't tremble at the Word of God, but lives in such a way that his gospel has only a form of godliness, but no power?
After being away from this these forums for a few years, some of you, by your words, I would think you are still worshipping a little jesus, your own image constructed out of your own wicked imaginations.
I would think some of you who have been listening to the sermons on here for years now still do not "know" what righteousness is - God's righteousess, not some clothes with spots and wrinkles, but pure garments, the righteousness which is of God by faith, the faith God Himself puts into the creature, renewing the thoughts enabling a sin-infested devil of a man to be a new creature in Christ, being made conformable to His Great Image.
God help us!
You, who think you see these things, but go on living a loose lifestyle, and think that in the end God will say to you, "Well done, good and faithful servant" deceive your ownselves! God enable your seared conscience to be enlightened with His grace and power so it speaks now to you, before it speaks to you in the darkness of eternity for as long as God lives.
"For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even WEEPING, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things. (Php 3:18-19)" Therefore, Paul himself did not laugh at such a matter; nay! He wept over such things.
There is a hugh difference in character when one fellowships with a man full of God, than one who merely professes Christ as Lord as demons do also.
May the Lord stir up within ourselves a holy jealousy to walk as men and women of God should walk - clothed with the righteousness of Christ.

2012/2/2 13:38Profile
hoohoou

Texas

Re:

Yeshuasboy,

You make it sound as if once a man is converted that he will not sin. Is that what you're saying? I would agree that stealing for a God does seem pretty bad. The quote said that it was from something called Confession. Could it be that he confessed that sin to God and was only being honest about his failures?

If you think that Mark Driscoll is that bad you might want to avoid anything David wrote before the incident with Bathsheba. Or anything that Peter may have said, done or wrote before Paul rebuked him for being a hypocrite.

Perhaps what Mark Driscoll was doing was letting people know that, while it's not ok to sin it is ok to admit that you have. We're told to confess our sins as God is faithful and just to forgive those sins. We're also told to confess our sins to each other, are we not?

Nothing in the quotes is in direct contradiction to scripture. From the quotes there is no way to tell if he's condoning those things or relating a history of facts. You assume he's condoning it. Also, you wrote, "So the man wanted to start up his own church..." I think he also states that God told him to and he was afraid of God so he did.

You've interpreted his quotes how you see fit with no contextual support.

Again, I'm not a Mark Driscoll "guy", but I have listened to quite a few of his sermons and have never heard anything that was in direct contradiction to scripture. Some of the things he says I don't agree with, I'll grant you that. Not agreeing doesn't mean he's a false teacher and unsaved. I think a lot of what you have said is wrong or ill applied, but I don't doubt your salvation. How can I? I don't know you, your heart, or where God has brought you from.

"There is a hugh difference in character when one fellowships with a man full of God, than one who merely professes Christ as Lord as demons do also.
May the Lord stir up within ourselves a holy jealousy to walk as men and women of God should walk - clothed with the righteousness of Christ."

Comparing him to a demon? Also, I read the Bible as saying that we are given the righteousness of God when we believe and it's not of ourselves lest any man should boast. You would probably disagree with me as to how that actually looks in someones life. Would you call me also a demon?

2012/2/2 14:12Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Hoohou, with all due respect you judge conversion in the light of God's Word, in the supernatural light God has bestowed upon your own coscience, and ask those close to you if you, yourself reflect Christ.
I never said a saint cannot sin! So, read what I say, and not what I'm not saying please, and do this unto others as you would, I hope like them to do unto you.
The bottom line is the glory of God - He's longsuffering and patient with us that we come under Is yoke which is light.
Was it you, or another on this thread that said something like the quotes of the original poster have been taken out of context? If not you, my apologies. But read the quotes - they are alarming coming from a man who says he's a "christain" and no-less a pastor.
"Would you like to call me a demon?" Why ask such a foolish question? Your life speaks louder than your words - our own lives do that.

2012/2/2 14:59Profile
hoohoou

Texas

Re:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. In God's grace, Matt.

2012/2/2 15:17Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

And God tells a man to go start up a church eh, then he straight-way goes and rips off a sound-system for it? I don't buy that one bit!
Jesus told His disciples to wait in Jerusalem until the Holy Ghost came upon them in power; then, to go out and preach the Good News.
That's one of the problems today. Men are going out without the power from High, and preaching the Good News. Does God allow it? Obviousy He does, or it wouldn't be happening.
Know this hoohou, the kingdom of God is taken by a Holy violence, a striving beyond words that I know of. Salvation is not given to one because they "believe" in Christ - for even the demons believe as James said.
Do I wish Mark to come under God's yoke? Reread what I said in the 1st place, and you'll see that I do.

2012/2/2 15:24Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Any pastor that thinks he has to act like the world to win the world to God is nutso in my opinion - that man is deceived and bent.
Showing 'R' rated movies to his congregation? What darkness is this! Job would've probably snapped if he would've witnessed such a thing.
Evil is discerned by the grace God puts into a man; by a spiritual understanding men depart from it. If a man tells me he's a pastor, and/or that God speaks to him, while at the same time he watches evil and listens to evil... That man is obviously deceived and no doubt deceives others.
Gerhard du Toit said something like, "what you watch and listen to, you force the Holy Spirit to watch and listen to"; and God clearly states in Scripture to grieve not the Holy Spirit. Why do we do such things? Because we don't take God at His Word therefore, we take the lie instead and reap what we sow.

2012/2/2 15:50Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Yeshuasboy...Showing 'R' rated movies to his congregation? What darkness is this! Job would've probably snapped if he would've witnessed such a thing.

I had to laugh, this was funny. So you think the R-rated movies would have had Job say forget you Lord? Well, we all know God would not have literally place this kind of trash temptation in front of Job, but I agree, Job would have probably snapped. :)

2012/2/2 16:37Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, boy do our feathers curl up when we are taken a little wrong. why do you say these things about me that are wrong while i am wrongly beating up on a man in the service of God.i invited you to go and listen to one sermon that he preached in 2012 and none of you did .you are talking about peter at the fire and not the repented peter and that is wicked and evil for you have become an accuser of the brethren in league with your cheif.you are in a dangeroud place and i know you don't want to be ,you are falling for the trick of satan.never krino a man who is serving God.diakrino yes.jimp

2012/2/2 18:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy