SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : APPREHENDED AND APPREHENDING !!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

APPREHENDED AND APPREHENDING !!!

Greetings brethren, In the name of the father and in the name of his Son ... Jesus Christ! May his Grace and peace be multiplied (in and through) Amen! As the coming of our King doth soon draw Nigh. Brethren i would like to share with you ever so briefly on the Subject of "apprehended and apprehending" These are three words - im convinced God's Holy Spirit dropped into my heart as i came to my computer desk and logged on to this website. To the which i first joined and became a contributing member some five years ago. And personally speaking i thank God continually for the previledge of sharing here on a regular basis. And for the brothers (in allowing me) to submit articles and discussions on an on-going basis! (to-shay) Amen!

Having said that: And that being said: we move quickly onto the topic of discussion today.

You know: When we reflect upon the lives of the saints down through the ages and especially that of New testament saints and the early apostles, it is not long before you are confronted with the reality of those saints (christians) who for one reason or another (and primarily that of their FAITH) were apprehended. That is to say they were incarcerated or placed into bonds! with many being cast into prison for long periods of time. We think now of such men as Jeremiah, And of John the baptist, and of course who could forget Saul of Tarsus (who was called paul) who languished in prison many times throughout the course of his Journeyings. I believe in fact at one point felix left him there to rot ( so to speak) for up to 2 years. Furthermore the early apostles were often taken and apprehended for preaching (the faith of Christ) and his resurrection from the dead! And of course Jesus himself was apprehended when Judas and the officers came to arrest him (to be tried) at the hands of (the high priest) and other religious authority figures of that time. Both to accuse , blame, and bring charges against. This of course ultimately led to Christ's apprehension and subsequent hanging on a tree. This apprehension of course was consummated at the cross (the cross of calvary) This apprehended Son-Of-God died before a howling and screaming mob which beseeched Pilate continually to "crucify him - crucify him" Away with him, Away with this man ... from the earth!

( It should also be noted that it was the Jews and the chief preists who delivered him up to the gentiles to be killed, having conspired to do so many times before they succeeded ) He came to his own and his own recieved him not)

Incidently the Jews said the same things about Paul - crying out " away with this man, for it is not fit that this man should live" ( They despised paul also ) Doesnt jude say something about going in the way of Cain??

Indeed This howling mob got there way and there wishes on that eventful and historic Day! However in (the plan of God) as we know ... salvation had been secured and reconciliation had been obtained! With a final sentence uttered "IT IS FINISHED" Indeed salvation for all mankind was both procured and secured! With an end result of "whosoever will let him come freely and drink of the fountain of the water of life" (Amen)

And as a fellow apprehended man by the name of Paul once said (and aptly so) by divine inspiration "had the princes of this world known they would never have crucified the Lord of glory"

Jesus the Lamb of God secured and procured everlasting life Now for all who come! IT IS through the cross (friends) that Jesus spoiled principalities and powers! And having spoiled principalities and powers (and) defeated him that had (held) the power of death - namely - the Devil.

Oh: What triumph arose from this apprehension, Beloved!!

(The plan of God and the mind of God, and the wisdom of God all wrapped up and contained in this apprehension) WOW!!!

Like Paul in Corinthians we can declare confidently speak

Oh: death where is thy sting? ... Oh grave where is thy victory? (death you are swallowed up in victory) indeed The chains of death and the pains of death could not hold him down for it was not possible for him to be holden of it (As Alluded to in the book of Acts)

Furthermore brethren: Another great thing accomplished through this apprehension, was The wisdom of this world was made to look FOOLISH and was set at NOUGHT! For Hath not God made FOOLISH the wisdom of this world? It is Through the CROSS that both true POWER and true WISDOM was on DISPLAY!(For He is our wisdom and sanctification) The cross with ALL its wisdom and power makes "other wisdoms" "PHILOSOPHIES" look sub-inferior! Now it should be said: That The cross appears weak (in the minds) the world and to them that hold to (pragmatism and relativism) But friends and to all and within the sound of my voice today, im here to proclaim (and with strong voice) that the cross is neither weak or foolish! fOR Jesus in going to the cross fulfilled the plan-of-God (which was known to God and hidden from before the foundation of the world) indeed the mystery of God was fulfilled in (the cross of apprehension) through rejection and deprivation ... came freedom and liberty. This is that apprehension that would have all men saved! and not perish.

Friends there is more treasures to be found In the cross and in the person of Jesus Christ than one we can comprehend or apprehend! (indeed the finite mind) cannot grasp all its vastness or depth! As they are past finding out! For who has known the mind of the Lord? or who has been his counselor? we ask?

But in the wisdom of God and plan of God with his Son apprehended on that dark and lonely night! it had within (it) a "multifaceted" application and "benefit" to all who now apprehend him (Christ) That is to say we beloved who are (the called into this apprehension) and to be partakers of the selfsame sufferings! What a previledge! This is that Life we now preach and teach everywhere and anywhere...

IT IS THE APPREHENSION OF THEM - THAT ARE APPREHENDED !!!

IN closing: it dawned on me as i approached my computer this morning that those (3) words (apprehend and apprehended) have now played there part (in history) for us TO be the (APPREHENDED) AND (APPREHENDED) OF HIM!! yes we are called into this grace and for this time and moment! to apprehend him - who was once apprehended and nailed to a tree, for us! That all may see and know this apprehension for which we all now lay hold off! indeed we have fled to him who who is the rock and anchor of our souls....the hope and refuge for which we all wait patiently for, to wit the redemption of our bodies. Amen and Amen!

( REGENERATION AND FIRST-FRUITS ) THE BENEFITS...

If any man be IN Christ he is a new creation, old things have passed away, behold all things are become new!! The miracle of regeneration -- by the apprehension.

Brother James puts it this way: speaking of this thing of the "new creation" " We should be a kind of first-fruits of his creature"

INTERESTING WORDS: A First fruits of his creature. hmmmm And When one considers the first Adam was made a living soul, but the last Adam was made a quickening Spirit. You get more than a little curious about all of the requistes purchased from the apprehension and apprehending of him.

Just a final note: how many of you know that when (a minister) says its the final note it never really is the final note! Smile!

But in all seriousness: To apprehend Christ IS the ultimate goal and the chief end of man! I mean to say what could be more important than this? With Christ WE possess all! (for in him are all of the hidden treasures of wisdom and knowledge) without Christ however you are without God and without hope (not a good outcome) OH thank God for the apprehension and for the previledge of apprehending! Its priceless! you cannot put a price tag or monetary value on it! yet its free ... to One and to ALL !!!! GLORY, Glory, Glory!

2010/7/1 23:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy