Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Evening Reflections - JUNE 25

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Evening Reflections - JUNE 25

Broken Bread

Daily Devotions from the Daily Light
by Evan Hopkins

June 25

When he shall appear, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.--I John 3:2

Two thoughts are here suggested: the likeness and the vision. The likeness is the effect of the vision. As to the likeness, there is the image we have to bear in the present, and there is the image we shall bear in the future: "Beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, [we] are changed [being changed] into the same image from glory to glory" (2 Cor. 3:18). This is a transfiguration that is going on now progressively. The image of the Lord Jesus is to be seen in the believer now. This is God's purpose, that we might be conformed to the image of his Son" (Rom. 8:29). But this image, as it is reflected in us, is, after all, but an imperfect likeness. "When he shall appear"--when He shall be manifested, that is, at His coming--"we shall be like him." Not in spirit only, but in body also. The likeness will than be perfect and complete. That is in the future. But both the likeness we have to bear in the present, and that which we will bear in the future, depend on the vision we have of Christ. Now we see "through a glass darkly; then face to face."

2010/6/25 15:51
Lydo

Bangalore India

Re: Evening Reflections - JUNE 25

Thank you for posting this brother.

The aim of our LORD and FATHER is that we become more and more like HIM everyday.And this is the Greatest Honor HE can give HIS children, but to achieve this goal in our lives, the Lord allows us to go through the Refining fires of affliction, till we reflect HIS Image to all around and the LORD will be Glorified in our lives.

I love this verse in Malachi 3:3 - "And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness."

Zechariah 13:9 - "And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God."

And it is Good for us as David says in Psalm 119:67 - "Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word. AND

Psalm 119:71 - "It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes."

The LORD in HIS tremendous faithfullness allows us to go through pain,-"Psalm 119:75 - "and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.";but at the end HIS children come out free, empowered and as more than Conquerors.

And we are not alone in our trails as the LORD says in Isaiah 43:1,2 - "But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

2When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Amen

2010/6/29 3:03Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy