SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Where do you turn for encouragement?!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
anonymity

Where do you turn for encouragement?!

I think this is a good word that has been emphatically on my heart for the last year or so. It's from David Wilkerson and it's like he repeated the exact things I've been thinking and sometimes sharing.

http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/search/node/WHERE+DO+YOU+TURN+FOR+ENCOURAGEMENT%3F

2010/6/9 16:25Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Where do you turn for encouragement?!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we would
build up one another in the most holy
faith, exhort one another with hope as
the day of the LORD draws near, and
what if we spoke the truth in love?
What if we really loved as Jesus loved
His Own??

2010/6/9 17:26Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
what if we spoke the truth in love? What if we really loved as Jesus loved His Own??

We would change the world. Or rather, He would change it through us.

2010/6/9 19:08Profile
anonymity

Re:

Quote:
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we would build up one another in the most holy faith, exhort one another with hope as the day of the LORD draws near, and what if we spoke the truth in love? What if we really loved as Jesus loved His Own??

It is true that it is often not done. One of the main facets of evangelism is to love one another and then they will know. It reminds me of Paul in saying of Israel how much more if they returned would it mean for the salvation of the world. We speak the truth, but how often in love. The hour is late and this needs to be done. Every single day as this life is so dangerous even. The main problem is that it is an issue of of sacrifice, death, and servanthood. This always comes at a price. If we really loved in a true way with truth we would not need emergent tactics. The Gospel would not scare all away and we would not need to hide it or draw people with emergent trends. The Gospel would draw people emphatically at least the sincere. Another thing though as the article points out. Is that we lack connection to God and strength in the inner men. So, we claw at men seeking encouragement. There always has to be a servant leader and that man has to go to God to get supply then come back to man to edify. Like Jesus said to Peter encourage your brothers. This was based on the fact that Jesus had encountered him. So, we need to learn to strengthen ourselves in God and not lean on the faith of pastors or great men of God or family or whatever so much. This is what Eldership is. Having a deeper supply in God to be a spiritual man and restore the backslider or ect.

2010/6/10 15:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy