SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Separation of Church and State?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hoohoou

Texas

Separation of Church and State?

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/09/fla-christian-school-fires-teacher-fornication-claims/]Fox News[/url]

Don't know what to say.

2010/6/9 13:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Separation of Church and State?

Well...I admire the school for taking such a stand. They need the support of all Bible believing Christians.

The teacher knew what the rules said and it was up to her to adhere to them. What if a student had disobeyed, what would she have done? Rules are rules and if the staff choose to violate them there should be no discrimination in the discipline.

There is so much disorder out there because people will justify sin and call it grace ...

Ok, that is what I think!

(FYI: I worked at a Crises Pregnancy Center for 15 years and you get some strong opinions about moral issues....)

ginnyrose

2010/6/9 16:11Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

I have to agree with ginnyrose. Applying for employment at a christian school means you live according to the manual.

The other problem that I see here it is unbiblical to sue other christians. Many christians ignore that today.

1Cr 6:1 ¶ Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

2010/6/9 16:23Profile

Re:

Goldminer I agree. The world does not mind if you are a Christian but if you obey the word that is a problem.

2010/6/11 9:18
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Of course I agree with the morality issues but the legal issues are iffy; every teacher signs a contract; I personally, would like to know if getting pregnant before marriage was explicitly stipulated in her contract. If it was then they have every right to fire her. If it wasn’t, then I don’t think they do. (but that’s just me!)

God bless us all!!

2010/6/11 17:18Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy