Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A deeper hunger and thirst after the Lord

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

A deeper hunger and thirst after the Lord

Matthew 5:6 KJV
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled .

John 6:35 KJV
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger ; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst

I have so wanted all night prayer meeting for years in our church and a deeper relationship with the Lord. I love Jonathan Edwards book A call to extraordinary prayer and D L moodys book prevailing prayer. I know that without God I cannot pray one milisecond.

Do you have a hunger and thirst for prayer? and for him?

I know that I have been more contemplating the idea, the more we pray the more we get persecuted!

2 Timothy 3:12 KJV
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution .

Are you godly in Christ according to this verse? The phrase is not all those in christ maybe shall recieve persecution but shall recieve persecution?

How do you pray when you have had so many disasters before and do not have the strength to pray or you are not in the right circumstances to pray?

Do we hunger and thirst after him

2010/6/5 12:26Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: A deeper hunger and thirst after the Lord

This is precisely what God has been dealing with me about, I was watching the Leonard Ravenhill interview video and found that Ravenhill was a very strong advocate of Prayer and Lots of it. I also noticed that he seemed to know something that I didn't and I believe that something is revealed to those who seek it through God's Word and Spirit enabled Prayer. I have been doing a decent job of reading the Word in large helpings slowly but found that I have been lacking in prayer. May God give us the Grace to pray for His Glory and that we hunger and thrist for a deeper relationship with Him Christ Jesus.

2010/6/5 13:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy