SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR GOD? Seriously?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR GOD? Seriously?

Almost every city in the United States is now being populated with people from other countries. Some of them know very little about the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. You don’t have to go far to be a foreign missionary. Many of them who may have served the Lord in their countries of origin are now struggling to keep the faith if they haven’t already lost what they had in the gospel.

Last night I talked at length with a young Guatemalan. His mother back home is a precious child of God. She has continuously prayed and fasted for her six children for all of their lives. His dad has been in and out of church – part-time Christian, part time alcoholic. After coming to the USA, this young man himself fell for alcohol, but God rescued him from its grip. I feel so honored of God to be able to be an encouragement to this young Christian to get established in God’s word.

Recently I felt inspired to do something that has really opened doors with them. I decided to tackle trying to learn their language. They speak a Mayan Indian dialect called Quiche. All I know how to say at this point is:

God bless you, brother,
Good Evening,
Good Morning,

And last night I started learning “Good night”. Somehow the simple fact that I am attempting to learn their complicated language is opening their hearts up to me, and inspiring them to know the Lord more.

If you know any foreigners, take a small recording device (my phone has voice notes recording), and record words of their language. The simple fact that you want to learn their language and also helping them with the colossal struggle to learn English really makes them much more receptive to your message. It deeply communicates the fact that you really care. You can often order Bibles, tracts or download messages in their languages.

TRY IT! I promise you that the friendship and receptivity that you get from them will be well worth the time and effort you put into struggling to learn just a few of their words.

Matthew 25:35 I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

2010/6/2 9:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy