SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Viking Horsemen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
clausbelly

Viking Horsemen

I just saw the trailer for the upcoming film "Pathfinder." It's about Viking raiders fighting with Native Americans, "600 years before Columbus." Good fun, but I was startled to see the Vikings on great big horses. Horses? I just saw men rowing a modern replica of a Viking ship on the British show "The Worst Jobs in History," and there's no way that they could have brought large horses on one of those. Maybe one of those dog-sized mini-horses.

I ask those who know more history than me: In 892 A.D., could Scandinavians haul big live horses across the Atlantic..

2010/6/1 3:26Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Viking Horsemen

Who said they took big horses? Maybe they took small foals and they grew up over there.

I don't know much about history, I just assume either logic, or that much of what we know about history is wrong anyway.

But, I can't seem to see what this has to do with revival, the Bible, God etc.

And I have once or twice seen the programme you speak of.

And I thank God that I was born today.

God bless.

2010/6/1 7:27Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I wondered the same, I looked at the trailer and what I got from it was a viking boy gets raised by Natives becomes a man and then the vikings kill his Native American friends then the guy goes on a kill fest on the vikings of whom he once belonged to. Not really sure God would want us to take such revenge on our enemies. But as to your question, the trailer looked like it spanned a large part of the main guys life and so many years had past. Probably enough time to raise horses the size they had in the trailer. But again this topic has nothing to do with Revival, the Bible, Christianity, or God. All of whom I would guess would greatly disapprove of a movie about a seeking Revenge and killing your enemies.

2010/6/1 7:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy