SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Mutual Assured Destruction"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Hey KJ... you said your hope is that your pre-trib friends are wrong. Why?

Because I don't believe the pre-trib theory to be true, therefore, I don't hope for it to come to pass anymore than I hope for hell to not be the everlasting fate of the wicked. I know you say that such an analogy is comparing apples to oranges. But I disagree. Both positions are clearly taught in the Scriptures to me. I've been post-tribulational in my view since about 8 or 9 years of my 11 years as a Christian. It's never been a very complicated thing for me to see and grasp.

Some might say that is arrogant to come down dogmatically on a post-trib position. But it is no more arrogant to come down dogmatically about such a thing than it is any other doctrine of Scripture. Just because some people have a fuzzy view of the last days and are a little confused about the topic doesn't mean I cannot be dogmatic about it. I could be wrong, and I pray that I'm not. But so far as I've seen, I have little to no reason to doubt my stance. I'm not arrogant for being dogmatic about a literal resurrection am I? Then why is it arrogant to be a firm believer about other doctrinal positions?

So in a nutshell, I only hope for those things that I believe are true. I hope the post-trib view is right, because I believe it to be true :-)

Just some friendly thoughts...

2010/6/2 12:09Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

And by the way, because of my work schedule I probably won't be able to address this issue fully until the weekend. :-)

2010/6/2 12:18Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

The eschatological view I rarely hear is one in which all true Christians are martyred under the reign of AntiChrist and therefor the judgment on the world is not upon believers, but on those that destroyed the universal Temple of believers. The whole not one stone on another thing that happened in AD 70 just being a shadow of the Church being thrown down one believer at a time. This would make the souls under the altar make sense. This is not God's wrath- it is the wrath of Satan. At any rate I think we need to be ready for whatever happens. If it's the Rapture or beheading- we just need to be ready.

2010/6/2 12:27Profile

Re:

Thats a good explanation, KJ. Thank you for putting it that way. I understand where you are coming from on that.

... I hope that the post-trib view is wrong too because I believe the opposite! :-)

Krispy

2010/6/2 13:32

Re:

Read the synoptics, starting with Mark 13, and note the sequence of events there. It is not so clearly understood in Luke 21 or Matthew 24; however, the order of events is the same as Mark 13.

(Voice of Thunder, the King Jimmy Version? You gotz any cluze about the 7 thunders in revelation? i'm not clear,yet have an inkling: not saying til' i can be sure...

So, we do have quite a bit more in common than was first realized. Great site. Good sermons: already listened to repeatedly... and that jam is cool. If there was a more powerful cybertool here, the site would have been tarred.)

CIAO!
g
Acts 20:32

2010/6/2 17:58
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: "Mutual Assured Destruction"

Well, I remember this era very well since I was born in 1947. Current events were much discussed at school, home and with other acquaintances. We were all so very concerned.

My memory of it began when Russia launched the sputnik and the USA rushed into the space race - it was just too embarrassing to allow Russia to get ahead of the the USA. This fierce competition, however, did not begin with Russia's launching of their sputnik.

Then they got to talking about the possibility of the USSR nuking the USA. Before too long entrepreneurs were marketing bomb shelters, preying on the fears of the masses. Russian Premier Khrushchev did not help matters any by declaring they will bury the USA by 1973. And so we were all scared. Real scared.

The civil rights movement heated up during the 60's. At the same time the US became embroiled in the Vietnam War. Protesters of this engagement took to the streets, rioting, demonstrations, burning buildings using the Molotov cocktails to ignite their fires. Sometimes it was confusing who was rioting about what. Besides the rioting there were boycotts against businesses who some NAACP leaders thought were discriminating against blacks.

The experts informed us many of these movements were incited by communists or were trained by them.

It was a civil war in the US - regardless what your liberal historians say. It was a fearful time. I promise.

On the social front you had the hippie movement impacting the mores of the young. Free-love was being promoted - all aided and abetted by the introduction of the birth control pill. The use of the pill meant females were now liberated from the fear of pregnancy so they could engage in recreational sex, like the males. Some religious experts also declared the rise of rampant immorality was a part of the communists agenda to bring down the USA - destroy their moral fiber and then we will win!

Believe it or not, but Ronald Reagan's presidency seemed to have a calming effect on a nation that was in turmoil in the preceding years. It was nice to see students taking their education seriously...

After taking this trip down memory lane I am left wondering at God's mercy on our nation as a whole....

Does this answer any questions?

ginnyrose

2010/6/2 20:57Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote:
At any rate I think we need to be ready for whatever happens. If it's the Rapture or beheading- we just need to be ready

I have used Roberts quote, but this post is not directed at Robert but at anyone who would listen..........

There is a move of God coming, when that move comes the primary goal of the move will be to prepare a people who'll be able to live, challenge and confront the anti christ...........

At the end of the tribualtion but before God's wrath is poured out, we find a people Rev 15:2 and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name.

Your primary goal as a believer will be...Do not submit in any shape or form to the antichrist, but to live a clean life, a Holy life being led by the Holy Spirit.....If you do this then you will be classed as one of the victorious people and will sing the song of Moses and the lamb by the sea of glass..........

Please don't fear for God has a plan and he will prepare his people for whats ahead...........

2010/6/2 21:56Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Wouldn't the better question of "when" is the rapture should be, "what do you believe about Israel and the Church?" Is that a valid question to go along with what you believe on the rapture?

And these debaters will likely follow their brethren who
Quote:
are now in the ground awaiting the trumpet sound!!!

:-)

2010/6/2 23:12Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Fyi... my computer crashed and is in the shop. Looks like my essay will be delayed as writing an essay on a Droid phone will be a practical impossibility

2010/6/4 23:07Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Though the geek in me wants to try anyway. Especially since my droid has voice recognition technology.

2010/6/4 23:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy