SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dialogue with God?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TomfromOZ

Hunter Valley, Australia

Dialogue with God?

Hi All

I have recently been recomended, from an old acquaintence, a book by Mark Virkler? "a dialogue with God". I can remember seeing this book years ago when 1st saved and I was unsure about it then. Anyone know this book? Is it helpful or something to avoid?

Thanks for any input
Tom

2010/5/30 22:43Profile

Re: Dialogue with God?

I don't know the author or the book, but I can recommend 'dialogue' with The Author of The Book. It is a work of the Holy Spirit to bring us to a place of being at home with God, just as children should be with their Father. It starts with the cry 'Abba' (in the Spirit), and goes on from there.

Hearing from God, is the more important part of this dialogue, as God is always speaking. These can be pursued with the help of a good Bible concordance and Bible dictionary, for greater understanding, greater blessing - greater reverence and awe.

2010/6/1 9:06
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Dialogue with God?

I have not read the book, but I have reviewed some of Virkler's stuff. What I have read was pretty good. He definitely stresses spending time in the God's presence and learning to hear His voice. He also has a lot of Bible curriculum and an online Bible College. I would say it might be worth checking out.

2010/6/1 22:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy