SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Counterterror Adviser Defends Jihad as 'Legitimate Tenet of Islam'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Counterterror Adviser Defends Jihad as 'Legitimate Tenet of Islam'

"The president's top counterterrorism adviser on Wednesday called jihad a "legitimate tenet of Islam," arguing that the term "jihadists" should not be used to describe America's enemies."

full story at http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/27/counterterror-adviser-defends-jihad-legitimate-tenet-islam/

Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 59:

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 288:
Narrated Ibn Masud:

I witnessed Al-Miqdad bin Al-Aswad in a scene which would have been dearer to me than anything had I been the hero of that scene. He (i.e. Al-Miqdad) came to the Prophet while the Prophet was urging the Muslims to fight with the pagans. Al-Miqdad said, "We will not say as the People of Moses said: Go you and your Lord and fight you two. (5.27). But we shall fight on your right and on your left and in front of you and behind you." I saw the face of the Prophet getting bright with happiness, for that saying delighted him.

qoutation above taken from http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/059.sbt.html

2010/5/29 12:56Profile

Re: Counterterror Adviser Defends Jihad as 'Legitimate Tenet of Islam'

interesting article.

2010/5/29 13:39
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"interesting article."

Hi Neil,

Yes, it is, 'interesting'. It is beyond me to speculate why a man with this position would say such things.

On a certain level, I've wondered if things like this, some of the astounding breaches of security that we have seen recently, have been like the Judgment described in Isaiah chapter 3, where the Lord removes every stablising aspect of a society, not to remove them altogether, but to REPLACE THEM(Isaiah 3:4, Job 12:15-25).

I spoke to a young man on the bus just briefly the other day. He noticed a wrist band that I had on with a phrase(I think in Pashtun?) that says 'Pray for Pakistan'. He asked me about it and what language it was. I told him I wasn't sure but showed him the phrase in english.

I noticed he had a phrase in Arabic?, and english on his small bookbag, it said:

Koran + Sunnah = success.

From what I understand, the short qoute that I provided from Sahih Bukhari, is part of what Muslims consider the Sunnah, or the sayings and practices of Mohammed.

Maybe the counterterroisim director doesn't believe that Military conquest is part of the Islamic understanding of Jihad.

How about that non-arabic young american man that asked me about the braclet. Does he?

And is that part of Islamic success? In the west?

2010/6/1 18:19Profile

Re:

one should be hesitant to politicize counter terrorism analysis. The very word "jihad" is so encompassing that it defies a single translation or application, and to term it "legitimate" does not mean said analyst is an appeaser, one who gives aid and comfort to adversries who practice violent jihadist ideology.

there are so many undercurrents within violent jihadi ideology it takes full time analysis just to discern who is who and what they want,and how to effectively thwart their violent intentions towards the US.

2010/6/1 22:52
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"...one should be hesitant to politicize counter terrorism analysis"

Hi Neil, thank you for that admonition. I for one have no desire to make political capitol out of this or anything else like it, for anyone.

The news story actually suggests it was this counterterror advisor that put this in politcal terms(not in the way I think you suggested we shouldn't) but in describing people that are waging Jihad as victims of...

"political, economic and social forces,"

And this is to suggest that what is motivating people to do these things IS NOT ISLAM itself.

That is a significant question: is Islam a political, social, economic, and religous belief system that has as one of its central and core tennants militaristic expansion and conquest of the entire world.

The question isn't as small as whether 'violent jihadist Ideology' represents a threat to western civilization, but does Islam itself represent a threat to freedom and liberty of conscience for the entire world.

Is religous freedom a tennant of Islam or is it an ideological tyranny that will be forced upon any people it comes in contact with whenever it has sufficient power and influence to impose it? Whenever Sharia can be made their law and the non-believers put under the tax?

It may be that Jihad is a mulitfacted word with many shades of meaning.

A Methodist minister named Chales B. Galloway, writting over a hundred years about about Islam said this:

'Mohammedanism has produced an enslaved personality. "Its Koran demands intellectual slavery; its harem requires domestic slavery; its state implies and enforces both a religous and a civil slavery." The Koran puts a premium upon war, offering the highest rewards to those who slay the greatest number of infidels. Mohammed's cardinal principle, that the end justifies the means, consecrated every form of deception and lying, and encouraged every sort of persecution and violence; commercial confidence is almost unknown, and hence there are few banks and buisness partnerships. The citizen is the slave of the state; he has no rights to be respected. Mohammedanism is an absolute despotism, the most gigantic engine of intolerance and persecution the world ever saw.'

"Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 59:

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 288:
Narrated Ibn Masud:

I witnessed Al-Miqdad bin Al-Aswad in a scene which would have been dearer to me than anything had I been the hero of that scene. He (i.e. Al-Miqdad) came to the Prophet while the Prophet was urging the Muslims to fight with the pagans. Al-Miqdad said, "We will not say as the People of Moses said: Go you and your Lord and fight you two. (5.27). But we shall fight on your right and on your left and in front of you and behind you." I saw the face of the Prophet getting bright with happiness, for that saying delighted him."

Servants are not above thier master.

2010/6/2 18:32Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

It's good to see that you guys have now got some in leadership showing some wisdom..........

Divide and conquer

I also think that the Methodist minister hammered the head of the nail when writing about Islam

2010/6/2 22:16Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Islam's goal to dominate the world through terrorism reflects Communist ideology. Wonder how the twain will meet?

ginnyrose

2010/6/2 23:25Profile
Compton

Re:

"Islam's goal to dominate the world through terrorism reflects Communist ideology. Wonder how the twain will meet?"

Edit: They do make strange bedfellows, don't they?

2010/6/3 0:30Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

'"Islam's goal to dominate the world through terrorism reflects Communist ideology. Wonder how the twain will meet?"'

and...

"They do make strange bedfellows, don't they?"

It may be that their similarlity is due to their having a similar origin.

I do not think it is too strong a statement to say that Islam, Communisim, and Roman Catholicism represent the three foremost Anti-Christ systems in the world today.

Isalm, if for nothing else, than because it has as one of it's main tennants the dogma that 'God has no Son'.

Communisim, for its militant atheisim.

and Roman Catholicism for its Papal forgery and ecclesiastical tradition that strips the Christ of His glory and the Gospel of saving power through corruptionand false substitutes of the pure preaching of the word of God.

These three hold most of the world in hopeless darkness.

and they are anti-Christ.

2010/6/4 18:08Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy