SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Will God forgive and relieve someone of a foolish vow?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Swear Not..but."Be not Condemned!"..His mercy prevails! we are weak.

"But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath. But let your “Yes” be “Yes,” and your “No,” “No,” lest you fall into judgment."
James 5.

Everyone of the Apostles swore an oath to stand by the Lord even unto death; Peter being the most prominent....and EACH ONE broke that oath,and fled the Lord Jesus a short time later in the face of the lynch Mob at Gethsemane.

Judgment, in James 5, could also be translated "CONDEMNATION". This is from the devil not God, for there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.

Roman's 8: "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit... For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death."

Each one of us, at some time or another, have been foolish enough to make an oath, that we could not keep. The Apostles sure did. Jesus spoke to Paul, and said, "My strength is perfected through WEAKNESS."

2 Corinthians 12:9
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

He knows of our feeble attempts to please Him by virtue of our more than not pitiful attempts to do so through works, and often prideful declarations that may accompany them. They are vanity, and He mercifully cleanses us of them, when we confess and forsake our own strength to depend upon His.

If this were not so, we would all be struck dead by now, or at best, just have fallen away into hopeless despair confronting our failures.

2011/2/3 17:37
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Will God forgive and relieve someone of a foolish vow?

Quote:
by jerryaustin1
Foolish vow can be one that we cannot keep. Also a vow if we were to keep it, hinderance would be the result.

Brother Jerry,

Everyone has their own interpretation of the Bible; they see it from their view from the doctrine that they believe; same applies to me.

But I believe God will forgive us for a foolish vow as well as one that wasn’t foolish when we’ve kept neither (for whatever reasons).

Only God knows your heart and every other person who’s ever failed God.

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/2/3 18:04Profile
learjet

Re:

Listen to this man's testimony (Edgar Reich), here on this site:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=19243

Pay attention to the point where he talks about having cancer and how he was freed from it when he repented for his relationship with a mistress. Then listen to his heart when he talks about his ex-wife. He made every attempt to make things right with his children and her, it's a wonderful story of the glory of Jesus poured out via Edgar's life.

There's no doubt in my mind that Edgar is forgiven, I love listening to him, he blesses my heart and I know that the Lord is well pleased with him too.

In Christ,
Earl J.

2011/2/3 21:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy