SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : U.S. Implicates North Korean Leader in Attack

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 U.S. Implicates North Korean Leader in Attack

A new American intelligence analysis of a deadly torpedo attack on a South Korean warship concludes that Kim Jong-il, the ailing leader of North Korea, must have authorized the torpedo assault, according to senior American officials who cautioned that the assessment was based on their sense of the political dynamics there rather than hard evidence.

The officials said they were increasingly convinced that Mr. Kim ordered the sinking of the ship, the Cheonan, to help secure the succession of his youngest son.

“We can’t say it is established fact,” said one senior American official who was involved in the highly classified assessment, based on information collected by many of the country’s 16 intelligence agencies. “But there is very little doubt, based on what we know about the current state of the North Korean leadership and the military.” ...

----

ready for world war 3?

iran, russia, north korea and china VS the world.

2010/5/24 11:21Profile
castling

Re: U.S. Implicates North Korean Leader in Attack

The North Korean perspective:

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.com/2010/05/intelligence-report-us-authorised.html

Some of the comments on the site are particularly awesome.

2010/5/24 11:28Profile
sheilab

Re:

http://www.korea-dpr.com/forum/

I served two years in South Korea and I find myself praying a lot for those oppressed people in North Korea. They are so deceived but there are a remnant left even there who are seeking the Lord. Read the statement on the above link and pray for their deliverance.

SheilaB

2010/5/24 16:18Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: U.S. Implicates North Korean Leader in Attack

Sounds a bit to me like someone in N. Korea is HOPING for war and trying to make it happen.

2010/5/24 17:14Profile
sheilab

Re:

Maybe - more likely their saber ratteling is another endless effort to get more aid to fund their corrupt regime and prop up Kim Il Jung's son. It is very sad. As you look out from the border of South Korea to North Korea all you see is desolation and pretense. I have seen their young soldiers; worn uniforms, worn shoes, thin young men and women who only know the terror of disobeying a corrupt regime, children the age of my own sons, 19 and 21. Why can't America see how blessed we are? May God deliver us from any form of arrogance. I pray every day for my own two sons who are being influenced by the deception of our own deceived Universities. We MUST pray constantly for the young people's true regeneration.

Sheilab

2010/5/24 19:19Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

"The North Korean perspective:

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.com/2010/05/intelligence-report-us-authorised.html

Some of the comments on the site are particularly awesome."

This article concludes with this paragraph:

"PS: The above article is an adulterated version of an article by David E Sanger in NYT and reprinted in the mypaper today. I just replaced words like North Korea and Kim Jong Il to the US, Americans and Clinton."

ginnyrose

2010/5/24 23:40Profile
castling

Re:

Yes, that's right. The paragraph goes on to say,

"How could an intelligence report coming out at this time and based on nothing but gut feel deserved such a prominent exposure and to be read by the gullible readers?"

It's a parody of the article because the assertion that "the sinking of the Cheonan was to extend the Kim dynasty" is ludicrous, and the evidence touted by the article is little to none.

Some of the comments speculate on the geopolitics at play. But it's not the first time that America (or any other country) has used a false pretext for war to extend American interests - e.g. the Tonkin incident c.f. Vietnam war, Iraq, etc.

2010/5/25 10:42Profile

Re:

i too have served in South Korea, and speak, read and write the language, as well as being acquainted with both the order of battle of the DPRK, as well as its polity, and this current situation has been a long time in coming unfortunately.

two reasons, first, the 2,000 plus high level hard cores that surround Kim, are underneath it all, absolutely terified. Its true, they DONT KNOW HOW to speak with the US. In geopolitic's, everybody WANTS something, and we really have no way to ascertain, what high level leadership wants in the DPRK. Believe me, if you gave 30 of the top top NK leadership immunity from prosecution, they would conspire with the other 1,000 or so unit commanders and the Kim family would be hanging from meathooks in short order.

but the second little dirty secret, is that the South Korean leadership is just plain myopic.....meaning they're CHEAP, they KNOW it would cost them anywhere from 50 to 200 billion USD to reunify North Korea with the South, and they dont want to pay.

They begrudgingly kick in the money to provide support and assimiliation for the trickle of defectors from the North....and they moan and scream about that!

in the Heavenlies, God has been so good to South Korea and their Bible believing Churches are a Joy. South Korea is the 2nd largest missionary sending nation, just right behind the US, these believers are on fire for Jesus, and as you know the devil hates that.

There are groups and groups, quiet, who labor in prayer, provision and movement to evangelize the North at this moment. i know a few of them, and their fear is this: both the "moonies" and the "scientologists" have committed vast sums to the NK govt, because they've determined the minute the regime falls, both these hellish organizations have every intention on rushing in, and sweeping the helpless and harrassed North Korean people into their cultish nets.

i've been praying for North Korea for years now, and i just pray that this whole nightmare be made Good, without a river of blood, without fire. The Korean peninsula is one of the worst places to fight in, second only behind Afghanistan, the country is built for defense. Even though the North Korean's lost air supremacy years ago, they can still cause a terrible amount of damage. just pray, it seems like the whole world is like dry kindling and the fire has already been lit.

just pray for peace, neil

2010/5/25 12:55
sheilab

Re:

Bless you for your words Neil. I have a picture you have probaly seen - that shows the dark North at night compared to the lights of the cities of the South from a satellite perspective - got it as a present when I rotated out. The other one I have is the bridge of no return - stood there many times on the south side just looking out over the desolated land. I look at these every morning in my gym room and pray for their deliverance, as well as that of all the other countries where missionaries are doing the hard work for Christ's kingdom. I echo your prayer - that it will come without bloodshed.

sheilab

2010/5/25 19:11Profile

Brother/Sister Sheilab

welcome to SI and thank you for your service.

those Korean kids i know, 20 somethings in California, you should be at one of their intercessory prayer meetings about evangelizing North Korea, the tears, its definitely weeping between the porch and the altar.

That's why in my soul, i feel the South Koreans have been so blessed, the Church in South Korea and the expat Korean communities are on fire for Jesus.

There was a very blessed revival in Pyongyang in 1907, the people needed that, because the Japanese occupation from 1894-1945 was just hell, and then the war. (i tried to look for online sources about the revival, but to no avail, i have a book, but its rare, out of print)

just think about it, God willing, Korea is peacefully unified, can you imagine the mission field. Talking about dear souls that know nothing about Jesus, Father God, the Economy of Grace...they will be open to recieve the Good News, as well as fertilzer, seeds, medical clinics, irrigation equipment, etc AND Bibles, and Churches, just thinking about it, gets me excited in the Holy Spirit.
much love, neil usn(ret)

2010/5/25 21:09

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy