SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The great transgression - What does it look like?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

"To be consistent with this reasoning you must also reject the notion that any Born Again believer could be moving in the demonic; i.e. possessed with a demon enabling one to use any of the various gifts."

Yes absolutely Robert, of course this is true. Now the question is, how many think they are born of the Spirit and are not.

2010/5/21 8:31
Anastasis

Re:

I appreciate all the replies to the thread, thank you friends :)

The main question I was looking to answer is if a person could commit this sin yet have any kind of real repentance. On all hands, the answer seems obvious.

Robert, I do think you are right that we need to be careful that we do not, at the least, grieve the Spirit by accusing Him of the demonic, and that every true believer should take those passages as seriously as any unbeliever.

I'm thinking also of what Jesus said: "My sheep know my voice." The goats may smack head all day long with God regardless the insight they've been given and the greatness of their revelation, but a sheep's deeper knowledge and innate knowing of the voice of God will not allow him to resist the Spirit when he knows it to truly be working. He can't because he is born of God, with the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of Him, and for the Spirit to resist the Spirit would be just as ridiculous.

Thank you everyone :)

2010/5/21 11:12Profile
PassingThru

Re:

Another reference to a sin that has no pardon is in Revelations:-

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Revelation 14:9-11

Since Jesus said that any sin other than blasphemy against the Holy Spirit could be forgiven, I think worshipping the beast and accepting his mark involves the same sin.

PassingThru

2010/5/21 14:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy