SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Good Morning Holy Spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RainMan

Good Morning Holy Spirit

Precious Spirit of God. Its been a while now and I am sorry for ignoring you. The last time we were close I was going through many trials from losing my father to my believing for fruit of the womb (even though it should be physically impossible) to healing me from a life long illness you were always there and never let me down. I’m sorry that I got too familiar too soon and took you for granted. I guess it wasn’t intentional it started when I put you on the self and started to pick up books on the various isms from Calvinism to Pentecostalism and to every other scism under the planet I was so hungry for knowledge that I forgot true knowledge was intimacy with you. I argued for hours thinking I was serving you. But I realise I wasn’t doing any good if you wasn’t there with me by my side. The other day I discovered a butch of old lover letters you wrote to me one line said that God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son. You told me how you would never leave me or forsake me. You told me how I didn’t need any man to teach me that you would teach me all truths. You assured me that you had given me all things that pertain to my eternal life and Godliness and I had totally forgotten and been searching the works of men for what you had freely given. My testimony had become lifeless and powerless. I remember when you used to be there with me and you did the testifying when you would reveal the hearts of men to them and convict them. I got arrogant and full of pride and didn’t give you all the glory. But I thank you that though I am nothing but dust though I fail you time and time again you do not fail ,me. You persevere with me everytime you chastise me I am better for it. I will seek you diligently and I know i will find you because you said in your love letter that you are a rewarder of those who diligently seek you. Mould me as you see fit and bake me in your holy fire.

2010/5/18 4:57Profile

Re: Good Morning Holy Spirit

Hey just thought I'd give you a quick heads up.
There was a time in my life where I would also address the Holy Spirit in such a manner, I would pray to Him, talk directly to Him, and worship Him, however it wasn't until someone pointed it out to me that this is actually Biblically unsound, that I began to adjust my thinking on this a bit.

Throughout the Scriptures the Holy Spirit has always pointed men to Christ and not Himself. Now, this doesn't mean that He isn't worshiped; He is, however not directly. We worship the Holy Spirit as part of the Tri-Unity of the Godhead, but never alone.

Now, I don't for a second doubt the sincerity of your post and your intent, like I said, there was a time in my life where I would do the same thing in my ignorance, with good intentions mind you, but having even the best of intentions does not make a practice Biblically acceptable.

This is in no way a rebuke, but a challenge to look it up in the Scriptures yourself, and see how the Holy Spirit is addressed and how he should be addressed. I PM'd you the other night and recommended some sermons by a speaker. He addresses many issues along these lines, and I think you could benefit by checking out some of his teaching. If you'd like I can PM you specific sermons. You and I come out of similar backrounds, so it's easy for me to understand where you get your spin on these types of issues.

I would just encourage you to look this stuff up for yourself. Hillsong has it wrong. The Bible has it right.

2010/5/18 8:49

Re:

Amen, EverestoSama... you are exactly correct.

Excellent theology.

Krispy

2010/5/18 11:08
elanham

Maryland

Re: Good Morning Holy Spirit

I appreciate your sincerity. Yet I would also concur with Krispy. I also use to speak directly to the Holy Spirit like that after reading Benny Hinn's book Good Morning Holy Spirit. I wanted to have some kind of sensational experiential relationship with the Holy Spirit as was set forth in that book. There is not 1 instance of the Lord, His disciples or any other of the saints speaking to the Holy Spirit this way. Jesus said when you pray say, 'Father'. I would like to ask when you wake do you say Good morning to the Father. Because remember Jesus came that we would be reconciled to the Father. I hope I dont sound harsh but for the integrity of Truth I also must say there is no place in scripture were we are encouraged to diligently seek the Holy Spirit. Even a seemingly small deviation from the pattern layed out in scripture can turn into something dreadful. I encourage you to follow with some of the resources given by the intial person who responded to you. Be well.

2010/5/18 13:44Profile
RainMan

Re: EverestoSama

You are all right. I do not worship or pray to the Holy Spirit directly as you correctly pointed out. What i was trying to convey was a return to a fellowship once had. Paul prays "may the grace of the lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowhship(Koinoia) of the Holy Spirit.." koinoia is a deep inimate fellowship. As we are aware the Holy Spirit spoke directly to the disciples numerous times with specific instructions. I pray to the father in Jesus name and the Holy Spirit does talk to me. Why would i pray to the holy spirit? lol Ultimately i believe that God is a triune being. Not all of my post is addressed directly to the Holy Spirit the bits that relate to the Holy Spirit relate to the Holy Spirit and some relate to God in his entirety. Hope that makes things clear. I guess the main thing i was trying to express was how i stopped listening to the Holy Spirit and simply talked at God (The triune being) and did things in my own power. Thanks for the concern and you can rest assure i have not perverted the scriptures in anyway. Ill have a look at the original post and edit to make it clearer.

God in three persons blessed trinity

2010/5/18 15:05Profile
RainMan

Re: Good Morning Triune being

Yeah i think that would be a better title. God bless

ps: i also read benny's book but i didnt feel right so i ignored it.

2010/5/18 15:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy