SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics :  Are there any pentecostal preachers on the audio section of this web site?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Someone earlier mentioned not to throw the baby out with the bath water... the names of TD Fakes, Creflo $$$, and Joyce Oscar Meyer were invoked.

I agree. People tend to confuse Pentecostalism with Word of Faith and other Charismatic offshoots. You can't do that. There are VERY different, and if someone is going to enter into conversations here about these topics it would be wise to learn and understand the differences.

There have been some incredible Pentecostal theologians.

Have yet to meet a Word of Faith theologian. Probably because if someone was truly a theologian they wouldn't be Word of Faith!

Krispy

2010/5/17 16:10
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Paris Reidhead

His sermon "Ten Sheckels And A Shirt" is the number one recommended "must hear sermon" on the site home page. I must agree!

Also check out ....
David Wilkerson
Leonard Ravenhill and
Keith Green

2010/5/17 16:14Profile
RainMan

Re:

A couple of questions

Is a theologian who teaches pentecost a pentcostal theologian?

Is a pentecostal preacher who teaches theology and pentecostal theologian?

What exactly is WOF ?

Deuteronomy 30:10-15
10 if you obey the LORD your God and keep his commands and decrees that are written in this Book of the Law and turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
The Offer of Life or Death
11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, "Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, "Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" 14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.

15 See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction.

Romans 10:8

8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,"[a] that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:

I am asking these questions because often when we are led out of one error it is quite easy to end up in another. I know some wolves have really given faith a bad name but one thing i have struggled with after leaving the excesses of Pentecostalism is what do do with faith. Sometimes i literally talk myself out of faith with theology or unbelief. The usual sovereignty arguments.

2010/5/18 4:27Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Robert Thompson if I'm not mistaken. Think there's over 100 audio sermons of his on this precious site.

2010/5/18 6:12Profile
Ceri

Notts. England.

Re:

Yorrie Richards is pentecostal and has a couple of sermons on this site.

Can I also say I absolutely hate seeing Joyce Meyer being lumped together with the likes of Kenneth Copeland and Benny Hinn, this is certainly a case of throwing out baby with bathwater!! - I cannot stand anything of the Copelands and Hinns & Dollars etc... but absolutely love Joyce!

2010/5/19 5:47Profile
RainMan

Re: Ceri

Nothing against Joyce personally. But when she says "Jesus wants you to have a nice car, nice clothes" and then goes on to do a exegesis on 3 john with the result being implied financial prosperity i decided personally to stop listening to her. The basis was simply that i came across scriptures warning that false prophets with a perpective of godliness and a means to finaincial prosperity (gain) would arise.

"Baby With the Bath Water"

I have heard some really sound preacher teach things im not 100% in agreement with. In such cases i hold on fast to what is good and rely on the Spirit to lead me to the truth regarding the rest. I listened to joyce for years and really like her but like her or not her theology is very dangerous and thats why i personally choose not to listen to her. Some may disagree and think her theology is sound but listened to a carter vs joyce mp3 thats on this site somewhere and contrasting of the two different theologies alongside each other made me realize just how bad her theology is. I dont think even carter conlon is 100% right all the time but some of what joyce says is really dangerous for me to listen to thats why i put her in the list.

since joining this site and listening mostly to the time square bunch and a few of the old timers i realize now sometimes what we need might not always be what we like. I really liked Joyce especially her charity work but she simply isnt a personal choice of mine.

There is a brilliant article written on the matter of prosperity preachers on this site that can be found https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=25773&forum=34&start=10&11

2010/5/19 8:10Profile

Re: RAVENHILL

Pentecost
By Leonard Ravenhill

....... ....[Ravenhill would be one of the most well known. Here is an article on Pentecost he penned...that adequately divides the word , I think, as to attributing the Baptism of the Holy spirit with fruit rather than tongues or experience.].......................

PENTECOST
Lord Montgomery, that unpredictable British field Marshall, said recently that England went into the Second World War equipped to fight the First World War. This was a polite way of saying that in World War II England was way behind the times in battle equipment and strategy.

When Sir Christopher Wren designed the great St. Paul's cathedral in London, he planned a thing of lasting beauty and unfading charm, but did not order it air-conditioned. When George Stephenson built his rocket engine, it was not smooth, herculean diesel, but a low-powered hissing machine. In other words, both Wren and Stephenson underestimated the needs of our day, and designed for their day.

Many today have a benevolent patronage of the church of Jesus Christ (or what they mistakenly think is the church of Jesus Christ). These "wise ones" think that the psalm-singing saints are as much out of line with the atomic age as a penny-farthing bicycle would be on a motor-crowded four-lane highway. Was Jesus Christ guilty, then, of underestimating the need of this twentieth century? Is the Church which Christ founded a cumbersome, slow-moving thing, badly needing a gigantic overhauling and a government subsidy to get her up to date and moving? No! The church does not need state support.

We concede, however, that the Church does need a mighty overhauling by divine Hands, that is, she needs the baptism with the Holy Ghost and fire. When the Lord Christ ascended into heaven from Mt. Olivet, He charged the disciples that they should "wait for the promise of the Father" - the "baptism of the Holy Ghost" with its resultant power.

This promise was exclusive - "Ye shall receive power." Who was to receive the promise? Only the followers of Christ.

The promise was exciting - "Ye shall receive power." In eager anticipation of this blessed enduement, the waiting ones could see all their weakness evaporating in the baptism of fire.

The promise was explicit - "Not many days hence."

The promise was expanding - This thing was not to be done in a corner, nor whispered among the redeemed. It would reach out through them to Judea, Samaria, and the uttermost parts of the earth.

This promise was exalting - In the whole world of created things there is no greater power than that of the Holy Spirit of God. They were to be filled with the Spirit of the living God. Earth has no greater honor than that.

Angels, behold and wonder!

Every thing in the heavens above, or in the earth beneath, or in the waters above the earth - all these are the work of His fingers and this Mighty one is He who condescends to come and indwell mortals.

But though Pentecost meant power to the disciples - it also meant prison to them. Pentecost meant enduement - it almost meant banishment. Pentecost meant favor with God - it also brought hatred from men. Pentecost brought great miracles - it also brought mighty obstacles. Pentecost brought anointing for the upper room preachers - it also brought appointing a deacon and under the enduement he turned Samaria upside down.

In Europe Pentecost Sunday is always called Whitsunday (White Sunday), and the children usually dress in white. The disciples were "made white" at the first Pentecost - that is, their hearts were "purified by faith" (Acts 15:8, 9). This purification is a lost accent these days in interpreting the Baptism with Spirit. Under the title of Spirit-filled churches, there are some weird and wanton things operating at present.

If too much stress has not been made of the gifts of the Spirit, then too little has been said of the fruit of the Spirit. Note how few books are available on the fruits of the Spirit, but how many on the gifts of the Spirit. Yet the Son of God said, "By their fruits ye shall know them."

The first essential for the coming of the Holy Ghost into a heart today is that the heart should be cleansed from sin, for the Holy Spirit does not fill an unclean heart. What God has cleansed, He then fills. Finally, whom God fills, He uses. A holy life is the authentic sign of being filled with the Spirit.

Today we need a revival of holy living. Why do we have to hang a sign outside our church to announce that we are Fundamental and Biblical? Because without a sign, no one could identify us? When I passed through a town that a few days before had been torn apart by a tornado, I assure you I had not to be told a mighty wind had cleaved the place. A fire is self-announcing. A conflagration needs no publicity. When the fire of the Holy Ghost falls again and the mighty wind of the Spirit comes (I am positive He is coming), then our "bush" will burn too, and a Moses will turn again to see the great sight. Even so, come Holy Ghost! Come quickly!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/5/19 9:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy