SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Thoughts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Ellie,

Perhaps this will bring you to reflect on the importance of being upfront and direct in your posts (translate that to mean open and honest - without guile). Holding back facts and revealing them after opinions have been offered only serves to make void all counseling you receive. For one, I know my post would have been different.

You sign your posts, "in Him," are you? If so, why are you listening to others?

What part of, "forsaking all others," is hard for you to understand. Go back to your husband, if he will have you, and flee any other entanglements. Move where you will only have each other for company and adjust yourself to fit his ways, providing he is following Jesus as you said before. Get rid of the computer, the TV, magazines & movies. Then as you grow up you will grow together, as God intends.

Time is so short until His return, I feel next to our Risen Lord is the only safe place to be. Let the dead bury their dead.

Regarding the original text you posted, you did misrepresent it. As a warning, I can understand it but being out of context changed the meaning in my eyes. Still, that said, I would not choose to read any more from that writer. It still is evil at it's base.

WS

2010/5/16 15:10Profile
wind_blows

Re:

So just to be clear... I did apologies for the first post being out of context once before, and I will do it again
This whole thread was my fault for the misunderstanding and mis-communication I do take responsibility for that and again apologize. I have learned a really good lesson in all of this

Thank you ginnyrose, Mj, and Lysa for your caring responses, to know that the three of you understood and got what I was trying to say...

much love to you
in Him
ellie

edited because all the other stuff just did not really matter.

2010/5/16 15:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Phan,

Let us look at the original post:

"Maintain ties—unchallenged and unbroken relationships with children of the devil. (“Children of the devil” is the description that the Bible, and God call those who have not given Jesus ownership of their lives and become washed in His Blood in a second birth.) Let these relationships lie dormant, or boldly fellowship with the unregenerate, non-disciples of Jesus in your family, your workplace, your past, your neighborhood, or other stomping ground. Either way, whether you pursue the relationships or just keep them on hold in the background, if you want to commit spiritual suicide, leave the doors open to embrace them as if they are the same as you, and part of you. Let it be “okay” with you to open your heart and affections to them. Have fond memories of them, and the things you did or could do with those that have not bowed before Jesus. Maintain heart ties with unbelievers. Thus saith the lord of darkness."

I will admit one thing - it is a tad bit confusing, but so are your posts, Phan..:-(

Let us take a look at it again:
Subject: How to Commit Spiritual suicide:

1. Maintain unbroken relationships with children of the devil.

2. Boldly fellowship with the unregenerate, non-disciples of Jesus in your family, your workplace, your past, your neighborhood, or other stomping ground.

3. Leave the doors open to embrace them as if they are the same as you, and part of you.

4. Let it be “okay” with you to open your heart and affections to them. (Or share your heart with them.)

5. Have fond memories of them, and the things you did or could do with those that have not bowed before Jesus. (Recall with fondness the memories of sinful indulgences.)

6. Maintain heart ties with unbelievers.

Do all these things and you will commit spiritual suicide. This is the point of this paragraph.

Psalm 1:1 instructs us to not get advice, counsel from the ungodly because if you do you will soon become a scoffer.

Ellie is right. One does not need to know the circumstances of her life in order to understand this principle. It is for all time for all people regardless where you are.

Does this make sense? or is it still as clear as Missippi mud?

ginnyrose

2010/5/16 16:28Profile
MaryJane

Re:

ginnyrose I agree with you one thousand percent that this principle is for every single one of us and it is for all time. The way you broke it down makes the point impossible to miss!

Ellie your post was clear to me and I stand by the advice I gave you. In fact I will go so far as to say pack up your stuff and leave today, you know the Lord wants you with your husband don't let distractions and things in the world stop you from following the Lord and saving your marriage!!

God bless you
mj

2010/5/16 17:13Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:

"You need to find an elderly Christian woman who loves the Lord and has accordingly maintained her marriage vows. Seek one out and get advice from her"

It may be of interest that there are females here on SI that have been PMing Ellie. Some of us are 'old' as far as the youth are concerned. MaryJane is in her mid-forties, Lysa is in her 50s and I am 63. MaryJane and I are in a covenant marriage - I have been at it for 42 years...by today's standards this is forever! :-) (Maybe this will explain my snowy glory?!

Just thought I would share this info for the new ones who may be ignorant of a few personal details...

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2010/5/16 18:00Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: marriage

Quote:
MaryJane is in her mid-forties, Lysa is in her 50s and I am 63. MaryJane and I are in a covenant marriage - I have been at it for 42 years...by today's standards this is forever! :-)

I am not in a covenant marriage (except with "my husband, my Maker":) ), but I am a repentant divorcee who can counsel women to stay married at all costs. I believe Ellie can testify to that I have counseled nothing less.

God bless you, Phan

2010/5/16 21:12Profile

Re:

Quote:
Phanetheus wrote: If there is such a thing as a carnal christian, there must also be a christian devil.

Well we were most certainly all carnal at least one time in our Christian experience.

Consider this verse, notice how Paul likens a babe in Christ as a Carnal Christian.

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, EVEN as unto babes in Christ.

But we don't stay there.

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

2010/5/16 22:47

Re:

Ellie said: "I asked for thoughts because I see now that I was still sitting on the fence, I wanted a way out, and I wanted a reason to listen to those who tell me not to be with my husband and not to go "Over board" with this Jesus stuff. In dealing with some issues in my life I wanted reasons to put Jesus second and be ok with it..."

My dear Sister, I never would have gotten that out of your first post, but this is quite a statement to read. It seems your going through a low time and it would be only right to return to your husband. Your unsaved family is dead to the gospel and you must give them over to the Lord in prayer. They have done a lot for you while you and your husband were separated, but it's time to let the dead bury their dead and you to cling to your husband. Marriage ain't easy, it takes a lot of work to make things work. Humility on both your parts is very essential because your changing for him and he's is changing for you.

The best medicine is usually the stuff that tastes bad. Swallowing it is pretty hard too, but once it's in the stomach, it begins to feel better.

Deep down you want to serve the Lord. You know the right thing to do, let go of your pride and submit to what you have committed yourself to. By submitting to your husband you are making God number 1.

E:
So I should continue to be around them while they tear down my husband just because they are family or old long time friends?

Absolutely NOT! You stick up for your husband and you tell them that if they want to be apart of your life that they keep their opinion to themselves. That man is your flesh now. They speak against him they are speaking against you.

I hope I don't sound harsh in this post, I have nothing but sympathy for your situation. I hope and pray that all will work out for you.

But you know, next time you might want to get phone numbers from Mary Jane, Ginny and Lysa so you can talk with godly women. Have a three way conversation going, now that would be something. Oh how I would love to listen in on that fellowship.

2010/5/16 23:01

Re: a Word from God

Incline thine heart unto Me, and let thine ear be attuned to My voice. For lo, I would speak to thee, and I have an urgent message to give thee.

Go not about to establish thine own designs. Lo, I have already set in motion My divine will and purpose and I would not have thee interfere. I am jealous about My children: Lo, they are Mine, saith the Lord; and you shall not intrude in any way such as would hinder My plans from working out. Yea, you may do many things, but only that which I direct thee to do can have My blessing upon it.

Resign all into My hands-thy loved ones as well as thine own self. Be obedient to the still small voice. Thine own imaginings may speak more loudly, but wait upon Me always. You shall see the wisdom and the glory in this in due time. Fret not about carnal things, but concern thyself first and always about spiritual values. Truly, My promise is still: "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all the other needful things shall be added unto thee"

2010/5/17 0:07

Re:

ginnyrose,

All well and good except for your stance regarding the first post and repeating it twice.

Never has clearer mississippi mud been seen before.
i can even see the crawdads... does that mean it's time to put on the boil?

...anyway, what part of the following is the most muddy to you? The guess here? 4:8, and possibly v.6 -(regarding me perhaps?)- of the same chapter?

Phillipians:

1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,

2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Chapter 4:
4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

CIAO!
g
Acts 20:32

Psalm 1:1 is talking about 'doing' as those who are unrighteous. You can't help from hearing such in today's world, but to repeat it, in black and white, twice, for the whole world wide web to see?

It may be alright for you; and if so, bravo, You're a better man than i.

2010/5/17 5:05

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy