SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Sudden Nature of Destruction

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
buttermilk80

Ohio

The Sudden Nature of Destruction

Please forgive me for posting another entry this morning. I don't intend to be a bother. It seems the Lord wishes this post also.

What follows was posted on my blog quite a while ago. And it's been on my mind, and hard after me to post it here. I pray the Lord will open the heart of the reader. I mean no harm, and neither does the Lord Jesus. It is His intent to rouse us from sleep.

I saw a raccoon as I was driving along. He was apparently sitting on the side of the road. As I got closer, I noticed he was sitting like a human might sit. I thought that’s odd. Then I noticed that his body was smashed open from the stomach back. He had been run over and was in shock as he looked at his intestines. The sight was so grizzly and horrid that I can’t get it out of my mind. I’ve never seen such a pathetic situation.
In my mind it’s easy to see a lesson from this. I will say this knowing many will disagree. But it won’t matter. As suddenly, shockingly, unavoidable, and inevitable as this raccoon’s problem was, so it will be for all who deny the forgiveness and love of Christ Jesus in this life.
The freedom you feel now to criticise and provoke will be turned into horror and utter shame and ruin come the day you stand before the Lord. I don’t say this to make myself feel good about my own righteousness. I say this as a truth. These things will happen to all who put confidence in their own understanding and “righteous” behavior.
The Lord is true and has opened this day for our salvation, not some future date or place. This is the day of salvation and there will be no other.
By His Grace.

P. S. Soverign Lord, it is You who made all that is. It is through your gentle hand that we came to be. We thank you for what you were, what you are, and what you will be (forever the same). Please have mercy on the minds of all who read this post that they might find Your message clear and viable. In the Name, and for the glory of Jesus. And that to the Glory of the Father of Lights. Amen

2010/5/15 12:31Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: The Sudden Nature of Destruction

I for one am glad you obeyed the Lord and posted this.

To God be all the glory,

2010/5/15 23:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy